• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anyone have a resource for adding adding SWF to Cap 9?

Participant ,
Mar 11, 2016 Mar 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see where I can add a SWF to Cap 9 but don't see how to code for it.  Can anyone help?
Thx.

2016-03-11 13_04_29-Adobe Captivate Help _ Adobe Captivate SWF events.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2016 Mar 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Page 328 does say that example in the Adobe Captivate 9 manual and I also haven't found any support for custom event sniffing inside Captivate itself. It appears to give a list of just the events it knows how to handle rather than a direct connection to handle "any" kind of event. It appears start, stop, pause and resume are the only things detected.

I haven't had a lot of time to play with it but I may need to this week so if I do find a way to detect a custom event in Captivate I'll be sure to share it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Apr 18, 2016 Apr 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is it that you are trying to do. What do you mean by adding swf to Captivate?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 20, 2016 Apr 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The OP wants to read custom events from an embedded SWF in a Captivate project. Captivate supports basic events but not the kind the OP is requesting, which is beyond your typical "loaded", "playing", etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,
Apr 21, 2016 Apr 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are quite a few events you can subscribe to. I haven't test them all, but the events that are available in the Common JS Interface are also available for SWF within a widget. Slide enter, variable value change, interactive item submit, many others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines