• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you use jquery illustrator?

Engaged ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is probably a ridiculous question, but could I load jquery to run scripts in Illustrator?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggest you ask in the main Illustrator forum. This forum would be ideal, but it's pretty much abandoned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As the previous poster pointed out - Illustrator does have it's own forum but I would have to question this.

If you know jQuery you SHOULD know Javascript, Illustrator uses javascript in its jsx script files. I flag this because I have heard many a "I know jQuery but I do not know Javascript" comments in the past and that is always a heavy concern. There is nothing you can not do in Javascript that jQuery has to offer.

In terms of working in Illustrator - Considering how jQuery is more DOM based and something more like react is jsx based I think that should give clear indication wether it will work or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines