• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Custom code help for OpenCart

Contributor ,
Jun 22, 2016 Jun 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're trying to advertise our business on Yelp, so I need to create a landing page to insert into our existing website. Our website was created before my time and it's a web store, so they used OpenCart to create it. Our IT person created an "information" page for me to use as the landing page and OpenCart seems to have its own internal HTML code editor. I can't seem to find much online help for OpenCart that addresses these particular problems, either.

I was hoping I could save time using Muse instead of Dreamweaver, but OpenCart didn't seem to like the extra code that Muse created. So I'm trying to simplify it using plain HTML. OpenCart doesn't seem to give me access to the HTML page's header, so I'm not sure how to set up internal CSS rules and I don't know if there's even a way to use an external CSS document.

So I'm trying to do most formatting with old-school HTML. But it still isn't working. Most instructions I've found online involve using either internal or external CSS which isn't an option. So I tried copying my HTML from OpenCart's editor and pasting into W3C's error checker, and it too is telling me to use CSS. It also said the <center> element is deprecated, but that's one of the few things that seems to be working in OpenCart.

What I'm having trouble with is formatting the sizes and colors of the h1, h2, and h3. I want the h1 and h2 to be a little bigger than the default. The default for the h3 is fine, but for some reason, it's messing up the disclaimer that follows it. However I try to format it, OpenCart seems to put in extra semicolons, equal signs and quotation marks in my code, so I must be doing something wrong, but W3C isn't telling me what formatting elements I should be using instead.

So I tried pasting my HTML into a free code editor I found called "Brackets" that seems to be an Adobe product, too, but I couldn't find a separate forum category for it. If there's a more appropriate forum category to post this in, I am open to suggestions. I was hoping it might give me more visual cues as to what I'm doing wrong, but so far, no.

So does anyone know how I can format the following using only HTML and no CSS (including where and when I should use colons or semicolons, equal signs, and quotation marks, and if it's better to use pixels or ems for font size and rgb numbers or hex codes for color):

I want an h1 that is bold (though the default bold is fine), 48px or 3-4em, and rgb 228, 25, 50 or #e41932

I want the h2 that is bold (default is fine), 18px or 2-3em, default black color is fine.

The default size and color for the h3 is fine, but it seems to enlarge the following paragraph even though I have the appropriate <h3></h3> and <p></p> tags (though I put a soft return between them if that makes a difference).

Also, no matter how I try to format the headers, they seem to break the disclaimer paragraph text that follows, making them bigger even though I use the appropriate header and paragraph tags.

Again if there's a better forum here to post this in, please let me know. Or, if there is some kind of other forum on the internet where I can ask for help on HTML, please let me know.

Thanks very much!

Message was edited by: Brad Lawryk Title changed and moved to Coding Corner Forum

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds more like something you need to contact OpenCart support for. Muse does not support writing HTML in the way you want to use it. You most likely want to use Dreamweaver or Brackets for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I agree it's best to use Brackets for this and that's what I'm trying to do, but I don't see a forum for that here. Since OpenCart is open source, I doubt they have much if any support.

I was hoping that someone in one of these forums would at least be able to help me with the HTML. All the reference I can find includes CSS.

I'll try posting this in the Dreamweaver forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may be better off checking with the Coding Corner forum here on the Adobe Forums?

Coding Corner

I can move this thread there if you like.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that would be great if you could move this to Coding Corner. Somehow I missed seeing that forum; I didn't know it existed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way I can change the title before you move it? I imagine the title might put people off in the Coding Corner since it mentions Muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Title changed and moved to Coding Corner Forum from Muse Forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines