• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Generate Excel file Possible?!

Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I do not know basically anything about Adobe but I have a question that if possible would do wonders for me.(I just want to know if it is doable)

I have a PDF that contains a table (there's other stuff too, not just the table), and I need this table exported as an Excel file. I have A LOT of these PDF's and I want to automate this process.

I want to know if anyone has a way of generating an Excel file containing a specific selection(a table) from a PDF. Maybe even link this to an event similar to a macro (for example when i hit CTR+P), but the million dollar question is if there is a way to populate the same Excel file when executing this "macro" for a bunch of PDF's.

Food for thought.

Thanks much,

Alex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2016 Aug 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I can't give you the entire answer but just the preliminary answer would be that you'd likely need to get into some advanced extension creation as well as some general programming. Adobe has extension scripting and as long as the tables were marked in a way where you could guarantee a script could locate them, then they can be read. This sounds like a job for a language however.

Depending on complexity, many other languages (c#, Java, PHP, JavaScript, etc) have libraries which can read PDF to varying degrees. They also have Excel exporters available as other libraries. This would make the batching much easier.

Either way, there's always the manual export to spreadsheet option from Acrobat DC, although the entire table will be exported. I imagine right now you're already copying the table into a new separate PDF and exporting to Excel though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines