• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want to build a drag/drop app, what is the best Adobe tool?

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to build a simple web application that has the following features but don't know which Adobe tool is best to initiate the project?

1. Simple drag/drop functionality by dragging circle object from menu to blank canvas

2. Drag more items to canvas and allow linking parent/child style

3. Customise display names and properties

4. Allow for graphical building of hierarchy structures

5. Ability to link a document behind the nodes and share them or download them

Should I use Captivate? DW?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DW would do the trick if your team is hand-coding the functionality you're looking for.

I don't think there's any other program in Adobe's line-up that will allow for what you want to do otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jun 20, 2018 Jun 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might sound off base but if you are looking to make flow charts and things like that why don't you try draw.io ? If you want to make something custom you'll have to code it. Alternatively you might consider flash but it is rapidly becoming not a standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 23, 2018 Jun 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As mentioned, DW with a bit of coding knowledge is going to be the best direction. What you're describing is also as mentioned, something similar to a flowchart. Although I suspect you want it designed a bit more custom than a standard flowchart looks.

Even with that tall requirement (that is not quite as easy as you may think), most of the heavy lifting can be done by many of the available JavaScript flowchart libraries. For example, draw.io is based on mxgraph which you can get yourself and customize for what you need. The most complex portions are handled, like drawing shapes or custom SVG (etc), linking objects together, etc. Search around for various JavaScript flowchart libraries and find one that has the features you're probably looking for like custom SVG shapes and allows links (click-thru to your documents).

I'm assuming you're going to want to share/display this to other people so keep in mind that a system which allows you to save the client-side data you create to a server where others are able to auto-load and see it is another step to a process like that, if you need it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines