• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is it possible to automate Creative Cloud File sharing using APIs?

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have a workflow I'd love to implement using Creative Cloud APIs, but I'm unsure if it's possible and am having trouble figuring out an answer after searching through the different APIs on adobe.io or the documentation on the I/O Developer Console. Here's what I would like to build: when a button is pressed, files on a local directory are uploaded to Adobe Creative Cloud storage, and an invitation to collaborate/share those files is automatically sent to another user in the organization. I like that I can send invitations through Creative Cloud that, when accepted, can automatically sync files to another user's local storage - however, being able to automate parts of that process would save my organization a lot of time.

I read about the possibility of using webhooks to register when an asset is uploaded to Creative Cloud, but the feature seems to be deprecated. I'm not able to find information about whether the feature has been replaced or is at all still functional, and am not sure where else to start. There are a lot of resources (like this one, this one, this onethis one, etc) and a range of APIs that seem to be good starting points for what I'd like to do, but I feel like I've been going in circles trying to figure out what the appropriate resource is and whether or not it's outdated. 

Sorry if this isn't the best place to post this, but any pointers are greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @adriant83512276 !

Have you seen our new Creative Cloud Library API pages? It's pretty new!

We also have a brand new forum to discuss the new API offerings for Creative Cloud. You might ask the same question over there as well... Keep in mind it's all quite new, and American Thanksgiving is this weekend...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2020 Nov 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your response! 

The Libraries API looks similar to what I'm looking for, but I'm looking to automate control over large assets, like video files, instead of what's allowed by Libraries API calls like this one. I know Libraries and Creative Cloud Files/Assets have some similar collaboration workflows, but I would really love to find endpoints for the latter as well so that large files could be more easily organized and synced between members in my organization. Do you know if endpoints for that service exist?

I'll check out the other forum as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines