• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

library javascript functions

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to locate source for MM_SwapImgRestore.js and other mouseover/out supporting functions.  What library are the functions resident in and where is the location of that library?  I wish to replace/modify with inhouse code.  I DO NOT have or use dreamweaver.  The site was originally written using it.  I am not sure of the version it was written in.  Currently the coding is being done in Notepad++.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Those MM codes are hold-overs from when Macromedia owned the program, and are part of Dreamweaver's built in Behaviors panel.

I don't know of any external library that holds that information. I doubt anyone would have spent the time to pull those archaic scripts out of DW to make one for general use, but it's possible there's something available online somewhere.

jQuery replacements would probably be a much better solution if you're not actually using DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those MM codes are hold-overs from when Macromedia owned the program, and are part of Dreamweaver's built in Behaviors panel.

I don't know of any external library that holds that information. I doubt anyone would have spent the time to pull those archaic scripts out of DW to make one for general use, but it's possible there's something available online somewhere.

jQuery replacements would probably be a much better solution if you're not actually using DW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John.  These (mm_) are referenced all through the code.  I guess my question is how are they found?  Where do they live?  Is is safe to say to modify any of the pages that reference this I will need to completely rewrite them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Depending on the version of DW and what Behavior was used, the MM codes are either vanilla javascript, embedded right within the page (but could be moved to an external .js files), or in CC2017, they could be jQuery functions referencing the jquery library (you would see the link to the jQuery library in the <head> if that's the case).

Either way, they aren't truly proprietary code or anything. They're just javascript or jquery functions written with a specific pattern to the function names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines