• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to work with old mysql database connections format.

Contributor ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm on a Mac with High Sierra and have MAMP v5.4

I have some old legacy php code that uses mysql database connections format.

I would like to get it working again for a while - so I can review it and later do updates to PDO.

Is there a way I could set it up so it can use my old legacy mysql database connections format.?

Thanks Dave

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2019 Aug 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to server PHP 5 to use MySQL, albeit in versions >5.5 you will receive a warning about deprecated MySQL and to start using MySQLi or PDO.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not accurate though.

Depending on when the project was created it could be on a variety of PHP 4 versions and the relevant SQL that was setup at the time.

MAMP offers you the ability to install multiple versions of both for different projects.

If you have a php.ini file you will be able to establish what the project in question was using Rev.

From there you can just install and setup the versions you need, make sure you link up the SQL data tables which you can do through PHPMYADMIN to help out and configure the PHP.ini

Your post is very broad without much details so outside of these basics no one can really advise you too much more unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2019 Aug 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are joking I of course. PHP 5 was released on July 14, 2004. It would be most irresponsible to be using versions prior to that. Version 5.6 was released 5 years ago giving web developers plenty of time to head the warnings.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not everything is for business! I have dozens of older projects creating things for myself that have useful old data in them.

revdave~ Did you get your code working? And do take notice to what was said he regarding old code and security if this is something publicly accessible. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines