• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After upgrading to CF16, back or history.go(1); is not working.

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2016 Oct 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Team,

After upgrading to CF16, if we click on back button or history.go(1); it is showing the webpage expired error.

some times it is coming due to  frames. but in CF 9 we didn't got this issue.

After upgrading to CF16 we are facing the issue through out the application.

Please get me out this issue.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is highly unlikely that the issue is with your CF server version.  The browser "back" button and JavaScript history.go() are client-side, not server-side.  I recommend using an HTML Validator to analyze your code.   You can validate by URI, file upload, or you can copy/paste the "View Source" code into a form.  I use the W3 validator, often.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

Still I was not able to solve the issue, can you elaborate the solution. My pages are full of frames.

I didn't get this error in CF 9.

Thanks for your support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2016 Oct 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Open a browser and go to one of the pages that experiences this issue (just the page as it is before going anywhere else).

In another browser instance, use the link I provided for the HTML Validator.  When this page loads, you can either:

A) copy the URL from the first browser and paste it into the URI (URL) field under the URI tab, and click the button, or

B) do a "View Source" for the first browser, copy all of the generated HTML from that into the textarea of the validator site under the "direct input" tab, and click the button.

This will parse all of the code, and point out things like deprecated tags, CSS issues, and other HTML issues that may be causing you problems.

Frames, IMHO, are a no-no, these days.  IFRAME can be beneficial, but don't over use them.  If your site is, as you say, "full of frames", then I respectfully suggest that the project you are working on is not designed well, and I recommend a redesign that does not use frames.  Especially when CF can dynamically load content into the DOM via CFDIV, and jQuery can do the same using AJaX.

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation