• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Application Server Service Fails After Installing CF 2016 Update 11

Participant ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed CF 2016 Update 11 on 3 servers (updating from CF 2016 U10).  I use the manual process (using the silent installation via the GUI never works for me, even though I have full access to start and stop services).  The update worked fine, and I verified the build number afterward.  I also verified that the websites on those server instances were running as expected.

About an hour later, I noticed some sites were down.  2 of the 3 servers had failed.  The CF Application Server service was simply stopped on those 2 servers.

There are no errors or logs about it stopping (nothing in the CF logs or the Windows event log).  I restarted the service and the sites came back up.  The third server was fine.

Just in case, I ended up restarting 1 server that had failed and the 1 server that was fine.  (I can't restart the other server that failed because it's production).  I'm now watching this closely to see if/when it fails again.

We're on Windows Server 2016 with standalone, standard CF instances on Java 8 192.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There can be many explanations for a CF instance going down, and more places to look than you have listed. Too many to diagnose via the forums here, or email. If you continue to have instability and want help resolving it, I could help you do that, via remote consulting.

I held off making that offer to see if perhaps someone else may answer you. (I think the lack of an answer is because indeed this sort of thing is hard to diagnose remotely. Just too many variables.) But it may take as little as 15 mins (or as much as an hour or so) to find and resolve the problem. But I do it with people daily, and with satisfaction guaranteed or you won't pay for time you don't value. If interested, check out carehart.org/consulting.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2019 Jun 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, and one other thing: while I would not expect it to contribute to an instance "going down", I would point out that you should at least check to make 100% sure there were no errors during the application of the update, since you say that's what you did most recently. See this blog post of mine for more on how to do that:

Having problems after applying a CF update? What to check, and how to recover!

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation