• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Built-in server not working with datasource

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2016 Jan 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just started using ColdFusion Builder 3 and the ColdFusion built-in server (as in CF 11) on a new laptop. Previously I was using CF Builder 2, CF 10 and an external server on another laptop without problems.

With the new setup, when I run the simplest CFQuery everything just hangs as soon as I try to access a database. The datasource verifies on the CF Administrator. The server is running (although I have to re-start it every time I boot up), and is listening on port 8600 - I cannot get it working on 8500.

I must be making some elementary error.  Thanks in advance for any enlightening comments.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 24, 2016 Jan 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ColdFusion assigning itself to port 8600 during installation means that port 8500 was already in use. By the existing ColdFusion 10 installation perhaps?

Check that ColdFusion 10 has completely been uninstalled, and delete all the ColdFusion 10 directories and files. It may also help to restart your machine afterwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2016 Jan 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found some duplication, but of CF Builder 3, not CF Server. But everything is working now.

Thanks for the comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation