• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Calling LoadLibraryEx on ISAPI filter “E:\ColdFusion10\config\wsconfig\2\isapi_redirect.dll” failed

Enthusiast ,
Nov 22, 2015 Nov 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why am I getting this error when I've used the wsconfig within my "site-name" folder to bind my site to ColdFusion? It keeps looking for the isapi_redirect.dll inside of wsconfig\2\ instead wsconfig\1\ folder. Where do I look to make this correction?

TOPICS
Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

It seems I have to delete the wsconfig folder and recreate the coldFusion instances. There seemed to be some corruption or misconfiguration in one of the wsconfig folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Whats in ColdFusion11\config\wsconfig\wsconfig.properties file?

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what is showed.

#ColdFusion Web Server Configuration File

#Fri Nov 20 16:32:01 CST 2015

1=IIS,2,true,"",bitness64

1.srv=localhost,author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This part "1=IIS,2" - two here says refer to  ColdFusion11\config\wsconfig\2 for ISAPI information.

Perhaps make a copy of wsconfig\wsconfig.properties then change 2 for 1. Restart IIS to re-read properties files.

Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that it still points to two instead of one with the same error.

Screenshot 2015-11-22 18.27.24.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd. Wonder what is in ColdFusion11\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.properties file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what it showed:

extension_uri= /jakarta/isapi_redirect.dll

log_file= E:\ColdFusion10\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.log

log_level= info

worker_file= E:\ColdFusion10\config\wsconfig\1\workers.properties

worker_mount_file= E:\ColdFusion10\config\wsconfig\1\uriworkermap.properties

iis_buffer_enable= true

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pardon my CF11 paste typo's before.

So appears CF webserver configuration files are ok.

Perhaps Windows IIS configuration file worth checking.

What you got in isapiCgiRestriction section of Windows\System32\inetsrv\config\applicationHost.config file?

Here is an example:

<isapiCgiRestriction>

<add path="E:\ColdFusion10\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll" allowed="true" description="tomcat_All" />

</isapiCgiRestriction>

Again, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I have.

<isapiCgiRestriction notListedIsapisAllowed="false" notListedCgisAllowed="false">

<clear />

<add path="C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll" allowed="true" groupId="ASP.NET v4.0.30319" description="ASP.NET v4.0.30319" />

<add path="C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\aspnet_isapi.dll" allowed="true" groupId="ASP.NET v4.0.30319" description="ASP.NET v4.0.30319" />

<add path="E:\ColdFusion10\config\wsconfig\1\isapi_redirect.dll" allowed="true" groupId="tomcat_cspotadmin.uwec.edu" />

<add path="E:\ColdFusion10\config\wsconfig\2\isapi_redirect.dll" allowed="true" groupId="tomcat_author-prod.uwec.edu" />

<add path="C:\opt\shibboleth-sp\lib64\shibboleth\isapi_shib.dll" allowed="true" groupId="ShibGroup" description="Shibboleth Web Service Extension" />

</isapiCgiRestriction>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I commented out the following line and it's still show the same error.

<add path="E:\ColdFusion10\config\wsconfig\2\isapi_redirect.dll" allowed="true" groupId="tomcat_author-prod.uwec.edu" />

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CF10 has not been updated recently? Some of the updates run a newer version tomcat. Perhaps the ISAPI.dll is an older version between the site that works and the site that fails?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has update 13 installed. We have another ROP with update 13 and it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is this tomcat set? Its entry type is showing as inherited.

isapi-filter.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Dec 01, 2015 Dec 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems I have to delete the wsconfig folder and recreate the coldFusion instances. There seemed to be some corruption or misconfiguration in one of the wsconfig folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you please tell the steps you followed to fix this issue after deleting the wsconfig folder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I couldn't understand what you mean by "recreate the colfusion instances."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Vishnu, the author (2Charlie) was indeed unclear in referring to "instances", after discussing removal of the wsconfig folder.

First, to be clear "instances" are a feature in cf enterprise, developer, and trial where you can create one or more cf instances, beyond the original cfusion instance. This is not an option in cf standard.

But I don't think 2Charlie meant that. Instead, after removing wsconfig (which may not have been necessary), it WOULD of course be necessary to "recreate the CONNECTORS", which is simply about running the wsconfig tool, and connecting any site or all sites to your cf instance. 

That said, and to solve your problem, I have my doubts whether it's necessary to delete either the wsconfig OR connector's (let alone instances). 

When I see this error, it's usually a reflection of some unexpected misconfiguration, usually either in IIS or about file/folder permissions. 

First, if you're comfortable with iis configuration, check if the app pool used by the failing site is set to 32- or 64-bit.

You also haven't said what version of CF you're using, and whether your cf connector is 32- or 64-bit (which can be chosen in the wsconfig tool). For most, it would be 64-bit by default, so the app pool should match that. 

Next, what's the identity for the iis app pool? There are various possibilities, and with that there would be a needed corresponding access defined for that user or all iis users to the cf wsconfig folder(s). Again, normally these things just work, so when they are amiss there's something that's been done to change from defaults. As such, there are too many possible permutations to anticipate what you may find and how best to resolve it. 

Also, with unusual problems like this, an important question is whether things WERE working and then something changed. If so, what changed? 

But let's start with just my first question, about the bit-level. The answer may be there. 

And someone else, like Carl, who's still active here, may reply with yet another suggestion. 

(Finally, if you'd not noticed, you're resurrecting a thread from over 6 years ago though indeed, most problems from then do tend still to happen now. ) 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation