• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Install ColdFusion 2021 on macOS Big Sur (11.5.1)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to install ColdFusion 2021 developer version, I get the message “libjvm.dylib” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.  No matter how many times I click "Allow Anyway" in Security & Privacy, the same message occurs. I can't get by this block. What can I do to complete the installation of ColdFusion 2021?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Hi, 

Can you please try the below steps 

Eject the current installer.

1. Launch the terminal and type this command xattr -rc <ColdFusion2021_xxxx.dmg file location>.
  2. Once you run this command, Run the installer and see if that works.
  3. In case, you will still see the issue. Make sure to unmount the CF installer in Mac and then run the command and try to install it again.
  4. Go to Preferences/Security& Privacy/General, and "Allow anyway" shows up.  Click on continue. It will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

CF2021 is not certified with MacOS Big Sur. Please refer the below support matrix for certified environment. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/coldfusion2021-support-matrix.pdf

We are targeting to bring the support for Big Sur in next update release and the release has been delayed and we don't have an ETA as of now.

Thanks & Regards

Ravi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any updates on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2022 Apr 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to the ColdFusion support matrix at https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/coldfusion2021-support-matrix.pdf, ColdFusion 2021 Update 3 is supported under macOS 11. I am running macOS 11.6.5. After I download ColdFusion_2021_GUI_WWEJ_osx10.dmg and try to install it, I get the same message "“libjvm.dylib” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified."  What needs to be done so that I can install ColdFusion 2021?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2022 Apr 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@KennedyRT , I would suggest you send an e-mail to Adobe's CF experts at cfinstal[at]adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kennedy, three things.

First, note that support for Big Sur was added not as of update 3 (from December 2021) but with update 2 (September 2021), as clarified here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/coldfusion-2021-update-2.html

Second, note the special point 2 at the bottom regarding installing on Mac. 

Third and perhaps most important, note that there were indeed "refreshed" installers offered with that update. And you may be trying to run the original one (from Nov 2020)--even if you "downloaded it today". So where did you get your installer? From the page where one can get the trial or dev edition, with the form asking several questions first at https://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion/download-trial/try.html?

If so, there's an issue. Some have noticed that Adobe "kindly" offers installer download links at the bottom of that form, without need to fill it in. While that's "nice", what's NOT nice is that those links were NOT updated with the links to the new installers in September. I've complained about it since then.  I've not checked in a couple of weeks (and can't easily do that from my phone as I write).

But I'm proposing that if you DID get that download there, please try instead to install with the one offered AFTER you fill in that form.

Can you let us know how that goes? And don't miss that point 2 offered at the bottom of that update 2 technote page.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

Can you please try the below steps 

Eject the current installer.

1. Launch the terminal and type this command xattr -rc <ColdFusion2021_xxxx.dmg file location>.
  2. Once you run this command, Run the installer and see if that works.
  3. In case, you will still see the issue. Make sure to unmount the CF installer in Mac and then run the command and try to install it again.
  4. Go to Preferences/Security& Privacy/General, and "Allow anyway" shows up.  Click on continue. It will work.

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Priyank, I referred to that already, as the step 2 at the bottom of the technote. But thanks for calling out our more specifically for them.

Still, separately, can you speak to the rest of what I noted? Can the installers on the bottom of the form get updated? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charlie,

Thanks, I think I missed that. As for installer, I will check and update you.

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Priyank,

Your instructions worked for me. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YES this just worked on Monterey Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following up on a couple of my comments (in two reply threads here, so I've started a new one), I can confirm that the dmg one would get from the BOTTOM of the download form is (as of today) the older original one (from Nov 2020, which has Java 11.0.1 in it, and is BEFORE the update 2 that added Big Sur support).

Instead, if you fill out the form, the dmg is the UPDATED one (same name, ColdFusion_2021_GUI_WWEJ_osx10.dmg) from Sep 2021 (having Java 11.0.11 in it) and being after update 3, which added the Big Sur support.

FWIW, I was getting the info above simply from doing a compare of the dmg file contents (which is basically just a compressed file). I have not yet tried to RUN the later installer against Big Sur (let alone Monterrey). But I can report also that the later dmg file's contents also show a "CodeResources" file (ColdFusion_2021_GUI_WWEJ_osx10.dmg\2.hfs\ColdFusion\ColdFusion 2021 Installer.app\Contents\CodeResources) which DOES seem to be the needed code signing file to get past the problem reported by others above, with the original installer.

So I hope someone may get to try it, and report back here if all's well. (And in the other threads, I have asked if Adobe might get that newer installer listed as what comes up via the link at the bottom of that CF download form, if such download links are going to be offered there at all without need of filling out the form.)

If anyone's interested, the URL for the updated one is here, but it won't work until you have filled out that form. The link for the one at the bottom of the form, currently NOT the updated one, is currently this.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2022 Apr 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlie, I have raised this with the Web Team and they will be updating the links with the latest installers. Thanks for pointing it out.

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation