• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't view Undelivered Mail in the CF Administrator

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We had an issue recently that i needed to do a quick analysis of what emails were in undelivered folder.  For all my other servers i used the CF Admin to go to the Mail page and click "View Undelivered" which gives me to/from/subject in a table and a view to the formatted html in the messages. 

All my servers but one.  That server throws the same error twice when i try to perform this action and then displays nothing.

ERROR: Bind Failed, Element not found: mailitems [Enable debugging by adding 'cfdebug' to your URL paremeters to see more information]

adding ?cfdebug after the url took me back to the administrator home page, but navigating again to mail > view undelivered mail threw the same errors but added no debugging.

I have tried the following things to fix it:

1. icacls on undelivr folder giving users full control of undelivr folder and all contents

2. look for 0 length file in Undelivr folder - none found

3. Clear all files from browser cache and history

Can anybody suggest how to fix this issue that i haven't tried?

CF Version:  11,0,15,311399 

Web Server: IIS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many files are in your undelivered directory? I could imagine CF not being able to read the complete contents of that directory if it has too many files in it.

I would probably just go directly to the filesystem to look at these files anyway. You don't need the CF Administrator to do that for you.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried confirming if perhaps a recent CF update had a failure? See the update logs, and their count of successes or errors. There should be no errors. If there are errors, you would want to retry the update, either from the CF Admin or from the command line. For more on all this, see my blog post on finding and resolving common problems on CF updates, as listed at the top of my frequently referenced blog posts at carehart.org/top.cfm.

Let us know if you confirm there is an error or not, and if so whether you resolve it.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could debug it yourself.

Open an arbitrary address in the browser. Tap F12 on the keyboard to open Developer Tools.

Then browse to the Undelivr link in the Administrator. In my case, the URL is:

http://127.0.0.1:8500/CFIDE/administrator/mail/undeliveredmail.cfm

Examine the results in the Console and Network tabs in Developer Tools. Any clues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation