• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Access CF11 Developer except from the CF Server

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2015 Nov 05, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed ColdFusion 11 Developer on a Windows 7 system.  I am using the internal web server.  I can access CF apps from the server using http://127.0.0.1:8500/CFIDE/passme/hello.cfm, but when I attempt to access CF from my laptop, I get "Cannot locate internet server.  I have attempted to access the server using its real IP but also fail.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Nov 07, 2015 Nov 07, 2015

It turned out to be a firewall issue. CF support assisted me yesterday and I’m up.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johnroccaforte wrote:

I can access CF apps from the server using http://127.0.0.1:8500/CFIDE/passme/hello.cfm

CFIDE is a system directory. You shouldn't develop custom code withn it.

Place your custom code in the root directory, C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\wwwroot. For example, create the directory C:\ColdFusion11\cfusion\wwwroot\passme\ and copy your hello.cfm file into it. Then open this in a browser

http://127.0.0.1:8500/passme/hello.cfm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This works on the server, but not from my laptop. Since I'm getting a generic error and not a CF error, it appears that the laptop is not  to be finding ColdFusion at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

What URL are you using on your laptop?

Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2015 Nov 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried:

127.0.0.1/cfide/passme/hello.cfm

127.0.0.1:8500/cfide/passme/hello.cfm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suggest from your desktop try the servers tcp address EG:

http://10.0.0.1:8500/CFIDE/passme/hello.cfm

or

http://10.0.0.1/CFIDE/passme/hello.cfm

HTH, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2015 Nov 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

johnroccaforte wrote:

This works on the server, but not from my laptop.

Hang on. Have you installed ColdFusion on your laptop? I am assuming you have.

If you haven't, then your laptop will have to be able to reach the server. Get the IP of the server in the network, say, x.x.x.x, then use http://x.x.x.x:8500

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It turned out to be a firewall issue. CF support assisted me yesterday and I’m up.

Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you paid for that support, I hope for your sake that you may have called before I offered the same suggestion here yesterday: “you will likely need to open that port in your firewall to be accessible off the server.” ;-}

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I emailed Adobe prior to seeing your post. Their support was at no charge.

Thanks for your concern.

Regards John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, besides what the others have said, if you WILL be leaving your code in the CF wwwroot, and WILL be trying to access it from off the server using that port, then you will likely need to open that port in your firewall to be accessible off the server. I suspect THAT is why it's not working for now. Ports other than 80 are typically blocked by default for remote access on all machines.

But as BKBK said, you don't really want to put your code in the CF wwwroot anyway, typically (which requires you to use that built-in web server port). And there are still other security reasons it's best not to open that built-in web server port anyway.

So really, you'd typically use some other web server on the serve (IIS, Apache, nginx), and define a web site there pointing to the code, and then configure that site to pass requests to CF. (That may have been done initially in the installer, but since you show using the built-in web server, I suspect you did not choose that option.) After installation, you can connect a site in an external web server to CF using the CF web server configuration tool.

Let us know if this helps.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation