• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot Download Coldfusion 2018

New Here ,
Feb 21, 2019 Feb 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to download Coldfusion 2018 developer edition, but it doesn't matter what options I choose the adobe dlm picks solaris version for download (I'm trying to download the windows 64 bits version)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have reported this to web team and we had some issue yesterday. Meanwhile, we are working on the fix. I can share the link with you, please send an email at cfinstal@adobe.com

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe STILL using the Akamai DLM?????

Seriously, you guys need to get rid of that.  There is absolutely no valid reason for using it.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2019 Feb 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

At the moment, the download form https://www.adobe.com/products/coldfusion/download-trial/try.html goes to a 404 error page... Is there any other way to download the Developer/Trial edition?

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have some ongoing issue with download page. Could you please send an email at cfinstal@adobe.com, we will share the installer.

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would seem the problems above are solved. I just tried downloading CF2018 via the link offered above, and I both got the form and could download the specific OS download that I requested (Win64).

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is resolved and it is now downloading the correct installer.

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Charlie,

I'm not able to get a download of CF 2018 from the Adobe site. It shows me the form to collect my information and then sends me to the Getting Started page, but no Download is delivered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2019 Jun 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried another browser? Or tried clearing cookies for Adobe's sites referred to by that page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Chrome. I wrote to the Adobe and someone responded with a direct cloud link. But they should monitor and make sure their provided links work. Many many not have the motivation to track down help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe still using the Akamai downloader?  If so, Adobe needs to get rid of it.  It's junk.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 03, 2019 Jul 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wolf, they stopped using it with cf2016, or so it was announced then. I have not noticed it in recent downloads.

Teaman, you didn't try another browser, which was reported by others here to solve it for them. If the problem was indeed in your browser, then the link would work if monitored.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 02, 2019 Jul 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem when using Firefox.  Switched to Chrome and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't work for me on Mac on Chrome, but it did on Firefox.

This dysfunction is actually pretty infuriating. I filled out the form nearly a half-dozen times before I finally got this to work. It's already annoying enough that I need to fill out a form to try out some software, but to be sending Adobe this information and then to not get the software in return is really frustrating. 

If I was using some kind of obscure browser and platform, this would be possibly forgiveable -- although still a bad move on Adobe's part -- but for this to be fundamentally broken on the main browser for the Mac platform is just not acceptable according to any standard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Treiter, you're writing as if the problem is that downloads on Chrome (for Mac) won't work for anyone. I am very confident that is NOT the problem.

You say you switched to FF and it worked. That's consistent with a suggestion I made above in reply to someone else:

"Have you tried another browser? Or tried clearing cookies for Adobe's sites referred to by that page?" or switched to an incognito window? 

Notice how others said in their comments that it didn't work in one browser but worked in another. 

It's nearly always down to cookie issues. Should we have to dance that dance? No. But clearly something can get gummed up, and these are ways around that. 

It would be great if you'd try that right now, and let us know what you did, whether it worked or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It did download once I cleared all cookies. But it didn't download the FIRST time I tried this -- why would I need to clear cookies the first time I even use a site?

Argh.

Thanks for your help -- you're a great resource to the community!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2019 Nov 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to have helped, and thanks for the kind regards. 

As for why why clearing cookies would help/be needed on a seeming first visit, I can only guess that you may have visited SOME Adobe site in the past, even if not the cf one. (It really is an Adobe login, so that's possible.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry for all you guys, but mostly myself for still using coldfusion.

RIP our careers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ColdFusion is one of the best scripting languages to use, even today.  If you're not happy with Adobe, there's always Lucee (which I am researching as an alternative at work.)

If you're not happy with the ColdFusion engine, switch to something else.  But don't lament for those who enjoy it.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the exact same issue with Chrome on MacOS.  Filled out the form several times and still was unable to see the download.  It does appear to be a Chrome issue, as I successfully downloaded it using Safari.

Maybe Adobe can display a warning message for Mac Chrome users on the download page indicating this issue and offering a workaround.

Good luck. 

Keep Calm, CF On

Harold

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation