• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF 11 rich text editor- image upload

New Here ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know a good alternative for the rich text editor using ColdFusion.  I can get the rich text editor to work but the image button doesn't allow uploads and I know it used to be able to do it quite a few versions ago.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using jQuery Text Editor (te) plugin.  This allows me to drag-n-drop images into the content.

HTH,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know if you can save the image in the database (somehow) and render it in a word doc using coldfusion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AFAIK, ColdFusion does not work with Word documents.  There may or may not be some kind of CF plugin or library that does, but I am not aware of one.

But, yes, you can save the image to a database.  In fact, you can do it without saving the file to the server hard drive, cutting down on disk I/O.  Granted, the file will automatically be saved to a temp folder, but that's standard procedure; it's what you do with it, next, that matters.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Coldfusion definitely does work with word documents. You can create a word doc using Coldfusion.

I know that you can save images, I need to integrate saving images within the content of a text editor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 30, 2018 May 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation