• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF 2016 Update Download and Install button does nothing

Community Beginner ,
Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've inherited responsibility for a ColdFusion 2016 installation and I am trying to install Update 5 build 303689 in ColdFusion administrator. When I click "Download and Install" nothing happens. I can see that the previous administrator successfully installed Update 4 last year. The "Download" button also does nothing. When I click "download" I see nothing being downloaded to the hf-updates folder. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to how to get this update installed?

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Feb 12, 2018 Feb 12, 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alan, two quick questions:

- are you looking at Internet Explorer, by any chance? If so, you need to add the domain (of the URL you’re using) to the “trusted sites” feature in IIS, because that updates page is highly javascript-oriented, including processing that “install” button when you click it. Just google trusted sites if you’re new to that. It’s a 30-second task. Then refresh the page and try again.

- and in case that’s not it, since you’re on CF2016, I just want to ask: does the URL you’re using to view the admin have a port in it, like 8500?

There is more that could be said, to explain these or to propose other diagnostics and possible solutions, but let’s see your thoughts on these before proceeding.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking at it on the ColdFusion Administrator updates screen in IE. It does show a port. The URL it shows is:

http://127.0.0.1:8500/CFIDE/administrator/index.cfm?target=%2FCFIDE%2Fadministrator%2Fextensions%2Fc...

I also tried it in Chrome and neither button does anything there either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Carl. I've downloaded the jar file. Now all I have to do is run it in order to apply the update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 13, 2018 Feb 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan,

CMD prompt as administrator

CD CF\jre\bin

java -jar hotfix-file.jar

follow prompts correctly detailing CF folder path

Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Alan,

Did you end up getting the update 5 installed?

Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2018 Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carl,

Yes we were able to update the Java version and then run the jar file manually. Thank you very much for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 17, 2023 May 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same issue- when I click "Download and Install" nothing happens.  I tried the advice below and added the URL to 'Trusted Sites' in IE.  My 'Default ScriptSrc Directory' path is good since cfform works in the application.  In IIS I also removed all items from Request Filtering just in case that was the issue.  I do have a port number, https://---.------.com:8203/CFIDE/Administrator/index.cfm. 
I know how to do the manual install, but I'd like to fix this because I beleive I have a related problem in the API Manager Portal, where there are buttons not working.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation