• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF 2018 Auto-Lockdown States the Server is not Running

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to run the CF 2018 Auto-Lockdown tool.  When I get to the ColdFusion Configuration and select the available instance of cfusion I get the following error:

"ColdFusion server is nor running.  Please start the server and try again."

All ColdFusion services are running and I am able to log into the admin portal. I have restarted services and rebooted the maching with the same result.

I also could not find any recent documentation on how to lockdown CF 2018 manually since the tool was failing.

Thanks.

TOPICS
Documentation , Security , Server administration

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the same issue with cf2021

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I don't recognize the error you two are reporting, and I don't find anyone else reporting it (whether with or without the typo in "ColdFusion server is nor running").

But I can answer the second question br69 asked originally on how to "documentation on how to lockdown CF 2018 manually". It's true that the Lockdown Guide for CF2018 and 2021 were modified by Adobe to discuss doing lockdown in terms of the Auto Lockdown Tool, introduced with CF2018. And I've seen plenty of people express concerns about using that tool, because they've either experienced or read about challenges using it.

As such, I always point folks to the CF2016 Lockdown Guide, which is still available. No, it's not  been updated for a few years. And no, it may not incorporate potentially important new info added only in the later versions of the manual. But since it also does NOT presume one is using the Auto Lockdown Tool, it really can be more valuable than being left feeling you have "nothing", especially if you experience problems with the Auto Lockdown Tool as discussed here.

All that said, I would recommend that someone in that situation should read both docs. And granted, that's a lot of reading...which was why the Auto Lockdown Tool was created. It's just that it does a LOT, and all it takes is for it to fail in some way, and one may feel left naked. The guides (old and new) can definitely "get you covered". So can assistance from consultants, for those who may feel overwhelmed by any aspect of doing the lockdown. I offer a list of such CF troubleshooting consultants here.

Hope that's helpful.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It might have to do with permissions. Try the solution that JD-16 applied when he faced a lockdown issue: https://community.adobe.com/t5/coldfusion/coldfusion-2018-lockdown-tool-failure/m-p/10493232

His problem was that he had, during installation, given read/execute permissions to the Administrator's group on the volume in which ColdFusion was installed. To solve the problem, he changed access to the localserver/Users group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation