• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF 2018 Invalid password error on Administrator page?

New Here ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have insalled server version on CF 2018 on Windows Server 2016. On Administrator login page I recieve 2 errors.

1) Please enable Javascript to use ColdFusion Administrator.

2.) Invalid Password. Please try again

The password I entered is correct. I have reinstalled thrice, but I keep getting the same issue.

I added the administrator page to Trusted sites and Enabled "Activ Scripting". Still no success.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Do you mean really that you added the IP address of the admin page to trusted sites? Or localhost, if that's what you're using in the url? That's what I would have proposed as the solution, given what you are saying (I assumed you may be using IE, which now you have confirmed with the reference to "trusted sites").

Second, do you have another browser you can test? Or might you install one just to see? even just to get past this?

Or finally, you may have just made a mistake in the password yo

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

I had added http://{servername} and htp://localhost to trusted sites. However I resolved the isue by opening 8500 port to access it from my local machine. I am able to login now.

Since it was a server I was tryng to avoid installation of any thing that is not required. Sicne above mntioned step resolved my issue I will not require it anyways. 

I also resolved my password issue.

Password reset script is a good to know trick.

Thanks for your qucik reposne Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 01, 2020 May 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean really that you added the IP address of the admin page to trusted sites? Or localhost, if that's what you're using in the url? That's what I would have proposed as the solution, given what you are saying (I assumed you may be using IE, which now you have confirmed with the reference to "trusted sites").

Second, do you have another browser you can test? Or might you install one just to see? even just to get past this?

Or finally, you may have just made a mistake in the password you created. You CAN reset the password for the CF Admin. There's a passwordreset script, which you can run from the command line. See:
https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/kb/forgotten-password-cannot-log-coldfusion.html

Let us know how it goes.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had added http://{servername} and htp://localhost to trusted sites. However I resolved the isue by opening 8500 port to access it from my local machine. I am able to login now.

Since it was a server I was tryng to avoid installation of any thing that is not required. Sicne above mntioned step resolved my issue I will not require it anyways. 

I also resolved my password issue.

Password reset script is a good to know trick.

Thanks for your qucik reposne Charlie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation