• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF 2021 successfully installed, CF admin working Services not starting up with domain account

Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before I start working on manually migrating over CF11 fix19 setttings over.

I was trying to update newly installed CF services to run under domain account. This account

has logon as services permissions and is an Administrator on our 2019 Windows server.

I keep getting logon failure. I made sure this account has full rights to f:\Coldfusion2021 install folder and its subs.

ty Jose

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Thank you all for your responses. I worked with my AD team and resolved issue.

Domain account needed logon access, although I though local policy to logon as a service and

this account being local administrator was enough.

Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Sep 16, 2021 Sep 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am seeing that Server Auto Lock down tool needs to be run to apply dedicated account etc.  WHen i kick off, 

pre-reqs read 

Mandatory:

• ColdFusion Server must be installed and running in Production or Production + Secure profile

I am working on Dev then UAT then Production.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 19, 2021 Sep 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please say what the problem is? Updating the server? Logging in? Installing the Lockdown tool? I cannot quite figure out what the problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue was AD related unfortunately after troubleshooting for a while. Even though I thought I had all the correct permissions set on Windows Server and local policy. The Domain account did not have rights to logon to this host. I thought I could run Lock Down tool to set account to run as was what I was missing. LockDown only for Production as I pretty much summarized from documentation.

ty for reaching out.

Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always been kind of squeamish about using the lockdown tool, because every lockdown situation I've run into in real life has been a little bit different from one place to another. That said, I think you have to take care of your AD accounts yourself, I don't think the lockdown tool can do that and it assumes you've set those up correctly. Ideally, you'd set the preconfiguration process up as a PowerShell script that you could easily move from one server to another. You'd then be more likely to know what's the same and what's different on your own servers.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2021 Sep 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for your responses. I worked with my AD team and resolved issue.

Domain account needed logon access, although I though local policy to logon as a service and

this account being local administrator was enough.

Jose

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@josed56603254 , thanks for the update and for sharing the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation