• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF Builder 2018 install

Community Beginner ,
May 07, 2019 May 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have receive a cfBuilder license at the last CFSummit, but never been able to sucessfully install the thing ....

Now that I check back this, when downloading CFBuilder 2018  the trial install the cfbuilder 2016 ....

Could it be that my license is 2018 but I can't enter it because builder is 2016 ??

How can I download builder 2018?  I don't want a buy it I already have my key.  So I want to download the trial and after that insert my key ....

I kind of confuse with the whole 2018 or 2016 thing .....

TOPICS
Builder

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

I finally Install cfbuilder 2018 successfully 🙂

My problem was that my organisation here use "Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On", (Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On | Oracle Identity Management ) I don't use it but it is always install by default on all  computer.  And I could not just stop that process, I needed a script from my tech to be able to close it. Once that software was close I was able to install without issue.

Thank you everyone for all your help, it help me navigate into this and fina

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This should not be so challenging. Let me offer a few points, and perhaps they will help you:

- CFBulder 2018 and 2016 are indeed different products.

- And just as Adobe no longer offered the installer for cf2016 once cf2018 came out (in July of last year), the same goes for cfbuilder.

-  So if you download cfbuilder today, it will be cfb 2018. (You can get cf and cfb at coldfusion.com.)

- There is only one installer for CFB (like with CF), whether choosing there the link to buy or trial the product

- When you install it, THEN it would ask for your license, and if you offer none, you will get the trial

- Once running the trial, you can also add the license key from within the tool

Does that help get you going? If not, please clarify why not.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your fast reply Charlie.

ok now that I have download builder 2018, I have recall what my problem was first time I tried to install this.

It unzip but something happen when it lauch, I just see a blink and that's it, it's gone 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would look for a log file in your TEMP folder to see if any installation errors were logged.  Have you also tried running the installer "As Administrator"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes i'm installing with as administrator.

When I look into C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Temp   there ain't no log files created ....

If I try running my old ColdFusionBuilder_2016_WWEJ_win64  it install without any issue ...

So I do not understand why ColdFusionBuilder_2018_WWEJ_win64  give me such a hard time ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK I found this Java error

#

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

#

#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00007ffde1bf1c26, pid=376384, tid=379196

#

# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (11.0.1+13) (build 11.0.1+13-LTS)

# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (11.0.1+13-LTS, mixed mode, tiered, compressed oops, g1 gc, windows-amd64)

# Problematic frame:

# C  [ssojho64.dll+0x11c26]

#

# No core dump will be written. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows

#

# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:

#   http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp

# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.

# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

#

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a curious problem that seems somehow unique to you. I see a couple of interesting things in what you say/share, and some questions to help guide you (or to help us help you):

• first, your error message refers to Java 11. FWIW, to readers following along, while the original CFBuilder 2018 came with Java 10, the newer installer does come with Java 11. Since you refer to the Windows installer, I will note that if you right-click on it, and go to "details", the new installer would report version 3.2.0, while the newer would report 3.2.1.
  • you refer to "unzip", but I hope you just mean you ran the installer and see it spend a long time extracting files
  • the error refers to a file, ssojho64.dll. that's not something that comes with CFBuilder 2018 (I have it installed--at least the original installer, and it's not on my machine anywhere)
  • some searching suggests this file may be related to single-signon, so this could be something in your environment that is running OTHER than CFBuilder.
  • but first, where on your file system is it that you "found this java error"? In a CFBuilder folder?
  • and is there a log in the root of your CFB2018 folder? an install log? any .log file? Anything interesting in those?
  • Finally, have you tried installing CFB 2018 anywhere other than this machine? I've installed it multiple times and never seen this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CPAcadiennes  wrote

OK I found this Java error

#

# A fatal error has been detected by the Java Runtime Environment:

#

#  EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION (0xc0000005) at pc=0x00007ffde1bf1c26, pid=376384, tid=379196

#

# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (11.0.1+13) (build 11.0.1+13-LTS)

# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (11.0.1+13-LTS, mixed mode, tiered, compressed oops, g1 gc, windows-amd64)

# Problematic frame:

# C  [ssojho64.dll+0x11c26]

#

# No core dump will be written. Minidumps are not enabled by default on client versions of Windows

#

# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:

#   http://bugreport.java.com/bugreport/crash.jsp

# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.

# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.

#

I suspect this error is not directly related to ColdFusion Builder. However, there is apparently a Java application running on your PC, that is interfering with the installation. Perhaps Passlogix? If so, do you need to adjust the permissions settings on Passlogix to enable you to install? I ask because EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION suggests insufficient permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2019 May 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bkbk, I gather you offered your last 2 replies without noticing my response from several hours before them, where I mentioned both points and more (still awaiting the OP's response to that).

I want to share the following if it may be helpful.

Perhaps like me you have the forum set to email you when new messages are posted, and maybe you saw the OP's and replied before seeing mine.

I try to avoid this problem by checking the forum thread before replying, to see if other responses may have come since that email notification.

And same for the OP,  in that I hope they will also check out responses that may have come before or after one they may notice.

I share this not to scold or condescend, but just in the hopes we may all help each other--as we help each other. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I finally Install cfbuilder 2018 successfully 🙂

My problem was that my organisation here use "Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On", (Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On | Oracle Identity Management ) I don't use it but it is always install by default on all  computer.  And I could not just stop that process, I needed a script from my tech to be able to close it. Once that software was close I was able to install without issue.

Thank you everyone for all your help, it help me navigate into this and finally point to the java related problem.

And yes Charlie, by unzip, I meant extract 🙂  My main language is french so sometime I wrote stuff in english that doesn't make sense 🙂

Ok now that i'm good, Back to coding 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, CPAcadiennes​, for sharing that. Oracle Enterprise Single Sign-On is in fact based on the tool I mentioned earlier, Passlogix. So, for the benefit of future readers, you have confirmed that the EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION has no direct relation to ColdFusion Builder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Charlie, I did miss your comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CPAcadiennes  wrote

It unzip but something happen when it lauch, I just see a blink and that's it, it's gone 😞

A zip file? I don't remember that. From what I recall, ColdFusionBuilder_2018_WWEJ_win64 is an executable, that is, a file of type .EXE.

I would download the the file again, restart Windows, and launch the installation anew.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks to you both, and great to see the resolution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation