Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF support Windows 2022

Guide ,
Sep 20, 2021 Sep 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Will CF2021 u2 be supported on Windows Server 2022? I am aware support matrix does not currently list it.

Thanks, Carl.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Hi Carl,

We will pick this one next. As of now, it is not supported as we have not verified it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carl,

We will pick this one next. As of now, it is not supported as we have not verified it. 

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Priyank.

To Carl and others reading this, it may be worth adding that while it may not be FORMALLY supported yet, things MAY well work. For the sake of those who may find this post, looking for news on this, it would be helpful if anyone who DOES try it (CF2021 on Windows 2022) may report how it goes, before that formal Adobe support is offered.

Things may work, or things may fail from the outset.

I'll share that from past experience, sometimes the CF INSTALLER may not work on the new OS (so some will assert "CF version X does not work on the new OS version Y"), and yet an existing CF version X may well run JUST FINE if the OS is UPGRADED to the new version Y. 

Similarly, sometimes in a new OS, the web server configuration tool (wsconfig) may not work--especially if the IIS version number has changed, while sites ALREADY configured may work just fine.

And while SOMETIMES a CF update may fix these problems, other times it's taken a "refreshed" CF installer to fix them.

I put this out to help others looking for help with these interim times between when a new OS comes out and when Adobe adds support for it. We'll see how things go, WRT to both when and how Adobe may add that support for Windows Server 2022.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Priyank,

Any update on CF support for Windows 2022?

Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 05, 2022 Jan 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carl,

It is not yet certified with CF. I will check if we can provide an ETA on this.

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 23, 2022 May 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I see https://helpx.adobe.com/pdf/coldfusion2021-support-matrix.pdf includes Windows 2022 now.

Thanks, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to install CF 2021u3 on a Windows 2022 core instance.  I am able to access the CF Administrator on port 8500 and configure various bits.

When I try to execute wsconfig.exe, however, is where I am stumbling.  The error I am receiving is:

"...\ColdFusion\config\wsconfig\cfwin32.dll: Can't find dependent libraries."

I believe this may be related to the 2012 Visual C++ 2012u4 Redist.  I have tried installing the vcredist with the /install /quiet /norestart /log:vc.log parameters but that too is failling.  The error log here is:

Error 0x8007007e: Failed to load UX DLL.

Failed to load UX.

Failed while running

The machine has the 2015-2019 vcredist pre-installed but I can't seem to get 2012u4 installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to get CF2021 up and running in Windows Server 2022. I also didn't really encounter any issues upgrading to update 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your version of Windows 2022 rigged up as Core or Desktop Experience?

Thank you,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're using Desktop Experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation