Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF10 Multiserver - Create windows service

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2013 Feb 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've installed ColdFusion 10 on my development machine (Windows 7 64bit) and yesterday created a new server instance in CF10 using the "Enterprise Manager" in the ColdFusion Administrator.  During the creation of this new instance, I didn't check the checkbox to create a Windows service.

Now, I've changed my mind and would like to have a Windows service for this new instance, however I can't figure out how to do it.

I expect you use the coldfusionsvc.exe for this, however I am not having any success with it. What parameters do I need to pass to this to make it work?  The -h option gives the following, but I can't understand what I need to put for <jrun-server>:

c:\ColdFusion10\nws\bin>coldfusionsvc.exe -h

Usage: coldfusionsvc

-install [-norestart] <jrun-server> [service-name [service-display [service-description]]] [-<jrun-option>...]

or -remove service-name

or -start service-name

or -starttimeout <seconds> service-name

or -stop service-name

or -stoptimeout <seconds> service-name

or -logfilesize <no_of_kbs> service-name

or -logfileRotationLimit <no_of_files> service-name

or -status service-name

or -console service-name [-<jrun-option>...]

If I try something like this, I get an error:

c:\ColdFusion10\nws\bin>coldfusionsvc.exe -install nws "cf10-nsw" "ColdFusion 10 - NWS Instance"

CreateService failed with error status 123

The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction?

Many thanks,

Andrew.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have asked Adobe for clarification on this as well and they have provided zero helpful information. In fact, the help information for the command itself still references "jrun". I will reply again if I figure out how the coldfusionsvc tool is to be used and the proper syntax etc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I noticed the references to "jrun" in the command.  Very sloppy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 17, 2013 Feb 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The best solution I can find is to not use coldfusionsvc.exe to install the service.

I did it using the sc command, as follows:

sc create "ColdFusion 10 NWS Server" binPath= "C:\ColdFusion10\nws\bin\coldfusionsvc.exe" displayname= "ColdFusion 10 NWS Server" start= auto

(note that the spaces after the equals signs are required)

If you're a pedant like me and also want a description, it looks like you have to do this using a separate execution of the command:

sc description "ColdFusion 10 NWS Server" "The ColdFusion 10 NWS Service"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation