Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF10 - Stopped sending out email

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Just as a FYI we have to use CF10 for a specific application we use and we are not able to upgrade this to a later version.

Last week the email notifications stopped being sent out from CF, the error from the log is below. Nothing has changed on the servers.

"Error","scheduler-0","11/18/21","08:07:37",,"javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not convert socket to TLS; nested exception is: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Remote host closed connection during handshake"

Despite not having the Java auto update enabled it appears that this updated last week to version 8 update 212 (build 1.8.0_212-b10)

I have spoken to someone one who believes that the issue could be caused by Java depricating some certificates and hence why the Remote host is closing the connection.

They suggested that I replace the mail.jar in CF with javax.mail-1.6.2.jar to resolve the problem, but I just do not know if this will work or if I am going to break my CF.

I should add that I am connecting to MS365 to send the email and that a trial installation of Fusion Reaction using the same credentials on the same server is able to send out notifications without any issue.

I am look to see if anyone has heard of the issue and if they have replaced the mail.jar to resolve this or anything else which might help me resolve this.

Laurie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What Java version does your ColdFusion instance use? To see it, use the code:

<cfdump var="#server#">

A quick suggestion to test:

open /bin/jvm.config and add -Dhttps.protocols=TLSv1.2 to the JVM args.

Then restart ColdFusion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation