Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF11 u13, macromedia_drivers.jar, No More Data Available To Read

New Here ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We encountered a problem with Coldfusion and Oracle when we implemented the CF11 u11 patch. We started getting the error message, "No More Data Available To Read". The same problem happened in u12 as well.  Adobe provided a solution by giving us a new macromedia_drivers.jar file (originally found here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9u7ipD8e7-oTjFBVkIxT0ZlYms, but doesn't seem to be there anymore​). It doesn't look like the fix has been rolled into u13 either.

My question is to Adobe, will this fix be rolled into any of the future Coldfusion updates? This has impacted our latest upgrade to our production environment.

Thank you for your time.

Stuart

No More Data Available To Read

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While Adobe will need to respond with a new file, if needed, I will say that if that was implemented as part of a later update, you would be able to tell after applying that update (they are cumulative, so you only ever need do the latest, to get them “all”).

Since things are not working for you, are you willing to try that? Or are you unwilling, and will wait only for an answer to your question from Adobe? Is that because the error does not ALWAYS happen?

Also, I’ll point out that sometimes errors turn out to be really caused by failures while applying updates (rather than failures BECAUSE of the updates, even if Adobe or someone else may assert that to be the case). I would point out that I have helped many (several dozens of) people find and fix such issues by just knowing where to look and how to fix if an update failed. I have a post on that, if you may want to check it out in the meantime (could help you in the future, even if you will not be updating now):

http://www.carehart.org/blog/client/index.cfm/2016/9/6/solve_common_problems_with_CF_updates_in_10_and_above

Hope something here helps you.

/charlie

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 04, 2018 Apr 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply, Charlie!

We were able to run the old macromedia_drivers.jar file that we had from the last time and that fixed the issue. That fix was not included in CF11 u13.  So we are concerned that any future updates will be excluding that fix and will require us to run the jar file after each update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation