Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF11 u18 cfhtmltopdf issue

Explorer ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy!

Just wanted to share in case this could be of use to anyone else.

After installing Update 18 onto a ColdFusion 11 server, any page that called cfhtmltopdf would error. This did not happen before update 18. Sandbox Security is enabled. No errors during install of update 18, at least according to the install log.

In order to get cfhtmltopdf working again I had to add the following two items to the ColdFusion sandbox (to the Files/Dirs area for the website's sandbox).

{cf.root}/cfusion/lib/jetty.xml => read

{cf.root}/cfusion/lib/configure_9_0.dtd => read

Before I did this the first calling of cfhtmltopdf would give the following error message:access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "{cf.root}\cfusion\lib\jetty.xml" "read")

Any subsequent callings of cfhtmltopdf would give the following error message: Could not initialize class coldfusion.document.webkit.PDFgRequestUtil

After adding {cf.root}/cfusion/lib/jetty.xml to the sandbox (and restarting ColdFusion), I tried calling cfhtmltopdf again.

The first calling of cfhtmltopdf would give the following error message: access denied ("java.io.FilePermission" "{cf.root}\cfusion\lib\configure_9_0.dtd" "read")

Any subsequent callings of cfhtmltopdf would give the following error message: Could not initialize class coldfusion.document.webkit.PDFgRequestUtil

After adding {cf.root}/cfusion/lib/configure_9_0.dtd to the sandbox (and restarting ColdFuison), I tried calling cfhtmltopdf again. It worked. No errors.

Note: I would only get the first error messages (the java.io.FilePermission ones) immediately after a ColdFusion server restart. I was getting them in the browser. I had ColdFusion set to spit up all over itself when it was unhappy.

TOPICS
Reporting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's excellent analysis,  resolution, and especially presentation  Thanks!

You really ought to open also a bug report presenting the same info, at tracker.adobe.com, to ensure it gets Adobe's attention.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy!

Quick update, I just discovered that ColdFusion 2016 update 10 seems to have the same issues with cfhtmltopdf causing errors. And, based on the errors, it appears to be the same problem as in CF11 u18. This did not happen before update 10. Sandbox Security is enabled. No errors during install of update 10, at least according to the install log.

I have not posted a bug report in tracker.adobe.com because it seems the ID I use in this forum (and for other Adobe stuff) is not acceptable for logging in to the bug tracker section. And being a bear of little brain I do not have the ability to handle two Adobe login profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

We've encountered this issue a few times in now in Sandboxed environments. I've gone ahead and created a bug tracker for this issue as I couldn't find any references to it and provided credit to this post.

Tracker

Thanks!https://tracker.adobe.com/#/view/CF-4204094

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 12, 2019 Mar 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since u16, there's been something related to sandboxed environments.  For us, it occasionally un-defines a query that was just run IF the cachedwithin attribute is set.  I understand (via direct email from Adobe staff) that this is known and is being worked on.  Hopefully, u19 will have that fix.

V/r,

^ _ ^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy!

Quick update, since I was having the cfquery and cachedWithin issues related to CF-4204066, I got the hotfix for that problem from Adobe. It did not fix my cfhtmltopdf issues. I did not expect that it would and am just mentioning it in case this info can be of any use to anyone.

So far the only way I can use cfhtmltopdf  is to make the tweaks I mention above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think we are mixing two separate issues here.

1. cachewithin issue - CF-4204066

2. cfhtmltopdf issue with sandbox enabled - CF-4204094

Can you please reply to the last email, I will attach the cfhtmltopdf fix for ColdFusion 11.

Thanks,
Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy!

Thanks for the concern, but no worries, not mixing two separate issues. But I can understand how you might think I was, so again thank you.

I will reply to the email, as you requested, but wanted to clarify my previous post so as not to confuse anyone. I was merely sharing information in case anyone else might have thought, "hey, lets give that hotfix a try, maybe it will have a nice side effect of also fixing cfhtmltopdf"

By the way, I am having difficulty finding CF-4204094 in the adobe bug tracking system. So I did not realize it was considered an open issue that anyone other than a few special folks like me were even having. My fault, I apologize.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This bug was closed as a duplicate because I logged an internal bug just before this bug was logged. As it is an internal bug you cannot see the progress. The current status of the bug is set to "To Fix".

I will see if we can make this bug public.

Sorry about the confusion in my above comment.

Thanks,

Priyank

Thanks,
Priyank Shrivastava

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Howdy!

The cfhtmltopdf fix for ColdFusion 11 update 18 did solve the problem I was having when trying to create pdfs. I can once again create pdfs via the cfhtmltopdf tage on CF11 u18.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation