Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF2021, new install but wsconfig not working

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Been digging through the docs the last few days and i'm about out of hair to pull out.

I've been leveraging the zip file based distribution of CF2021, have it up and running without any aparent errors in the server on a Windows 2019 Server. However, when I go to utilize the wsconfig utility I get the following error and honestly, i'm just sitting here spinning my wheels trying to figure this out.

>C:\ColdFusion2021\cfusion\runtime\bin\wsconfig
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\ColdFusion2021\config\wsconfig\cfwin32.dll: Can't find dependent libraries
        at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load0(Native Method)
        at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.load(ClassLoader.java:2430)
        at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader$NativeLibrary.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:2487)
        at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary0(ClassLoader.java:2684)
        at java.base/java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:2617)
        at java.base/java.lang.Runtime.load0(Runtime.java:765)
        at java.base/java.lang.System.load(System.java:1835)
        at com.adobe.coldfusion.connector.connectorinstaller.Win32Handler.<init>(Win32Handler.java:51)
        at com.adobe.coldfusion.connector.connectorinstaller.gui.ConfigFrame.<init>(ConfigFrame.java:67)
        at com.adobe.coldfusion.connector.connectorinstaller.gui.ConfigFrame.run(ConfigFrame.java:536)
        at com.adobe.coldfusion.connector.connectorinstaller.ConnectorInstaller.main(ConnectorInstaller.java:991)

Note, this is a brand new server and has never had another instance of coldfusion installed on it. The dll referenced IS there, so i assume its something in the DLL that's not on the system when it's expecting it.

I would appreciate any help and guidance the community may have.

TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Found that vague here this bit:

https://coldfusion.adobe.com/2020/12/coldfusion-2021-install-experience/

Webserver configuration

The 2012 VC runtime is needed for connector configuration and for the HTMLtoPDF module. As this runtime is not bundled by default in the ZIP installers, you will need to set it up first before you can either configure your connector or use the HTMLtoPDF functionality or both.

You can download the 2012 VC Runtime from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brad,

I have a vague reminder come into my head about the ZIP installer not including the Microsoft Visual Redistributable. I wonder if you separately add that component if WSCONFIG will work?

While I am using ZIP installer in a Windows 2019 environment I had Graphic install on first before uninstalling - so for now unable to emulate issue.

You are doing WSCONFIG as admin right?

Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found that vague here this bit:

https://coldfusion.adobe.com/2020/12/coldfusion-2021-install-experience/

Webserver configuration

The 2012 VC runtime is needed for connector configuration and for the HTMLtoPDF module. As this runtime is not bundled by default in the ZIP installers, you will need to set it up first before you can either configure your connector or use the HTMLtoPDF functionality or both.

You can download the 2012 VC Runtime from here https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sigh. This is what I get for staring at docs for hours. I saw that, many times in fact, looked at appwiz and saw 2015-2019 redistributable and just never connected the two. My savior, I appreciate you taking the time to answer such a silly question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A big THANK YOU for the answer. I had orginally used the graphical install for 2021 and then moved to the zip install. This error did not show up during the graphical install but does when running wsconfig after the zip install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you solved it, but for the sake of future readers I'd say that it's odd if you did run the full installer first. That would  have installed the vc++ redistributable for you. Doing the zip AFTER that should not have required you to install vc++ again. (I'd also think that even uninstalling the full cf would uninstall the vc++.) 

Or do you mean you saw something else? Asking for a friend. 🙂 Well again, asking for future readers who may find this. 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2021 Aug 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ran the full installer and zip installers on different machines so that is why the vc++ redistributable wasn't there for the zip install. Going forward I will use the zip installer exclusively. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation