Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF2023: Problem Apache 2.4.52 web server connector on Ubuntu 22

Explorer ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having a problem with establishing Coldfusion 2023 connector to Apache 2.4.52 on Ubuntu 22.

I got this error message when I started Apache2 service.

apache2: Syntax error on line 228 of /etc/apache2/apache2.conf: Syntax error on line 4 of /etc/apache2/mod_jk.conf: Cannot load /etc/apache2/mod_jk.so into server: /etc/apache2/mod_jk.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

All configuration and existence is checked nothing is wrong but the Apache won't start.

Please help.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As a sanity check, if you comment out line 4 of /etc/apache2/mod_jk.conf, does apache then at least start? (It should not be expected to serve cf pages, to be clear.) If it does start, the problem is clearly with that mod_jk.so file. (Remove the comment, assuming you have no need of apache to run without cf support.) 

So first, how did that mod_jk.so file and those apache2.conf config lines get there? Did you run the cf wsconfig tool?

Or did you copy those lines and that file (and related files) from some other server?

Either way, you could have a problem of bit-level (using a 32-bit mod_jk.so with a 64-bit apache), or perhaps there could be a permissions problem. Can you show us the result of:

ls -l /etc/apache2/mod_jk.so

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Charlie for your help and I commented line 4 and got different error message.

This error message seems doesn't make sense.

Aug 30 10:11:47 cf1 apachectl[179410]: AH00526: Syntax error on line 2 of /etc/apache2/mod_jk.conf:

Aug 30 10:11:47 cf1 apachectl[179410]: Invalid command 'JkWorkersFile', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration

The mod_jk.so is coming when I did "java -jar wsconfig.jar" from UI. Not copy from other server. I forgot to mention that I am running on Arm based Ubuntu. The Coldfusion 2023 is running perfectly but the connector is not. Is the connector not compatible w/ Arm?

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2023 Sep 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The connector is C++, I think, and wouldn't be compatible with ARM. Do you really need Apache HTTPD in this setup? Maybe you can use the built-in Apache Tomcat web server that comes with ColdFusion.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried on x86 and still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation