• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF8 Ajax pages not loading properly

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2007 Oct 01, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. Hope someone can help out with this one. Spent too much time trying to figure it out without any luck!
Basically, the coldfusion page doesn't always load up properly. The page ends after displaying an improperly formatted menu (using CFMENU tag) and a Javascript error appears. It varies between "Ext not found" or "ColdFusion not found" - basically indicating certain JS libraries did not get loaded properly. This only happens occasionally and randomly and more often with IE6 than IE7. We are running CF8 (with update) on Linux, Apache over SSL. Usually, pressing the refresh button solves the problem and the page loads properly. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2007 Oct 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try installing the CF8 updater/hotfix that's available for download from the Adobe site. It references a fix for loading style sheets and it may have something to do with your problem, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2007 Oct 02, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did install the updater/hotfix and still keep having this problem. Could it be due to SSL or Apache?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2007 Oct 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Warpuse and all of you,
I have the same problem. The cfmenu works fine on my Workstation XP cf 8.
But when uploading to my test server (Windows Server2003) it returns the same errors as for Warpuser.
I installed the hotfix but it did not fix it.

All the best

BosseP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2007 Oct 19, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BosseP.

So here is how I fixed it (I think). I had some authentication code (to automatically log the person in) running before the web page loaded and I think the error was occurring due to improper headers. What I did is put in a <cflocation> tag after authentication occurred that redirected the person to the same page. But this time because the person had already been logged in, the authentication code did not run and the application just loaded the page. Hope this helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2007 Oct 20, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Warpuser,
I am doing a similar thing.
I am reinstalling the server (microsoft...) So will try it when up and running again.

All the best
BosseP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2007 Oct 22, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am still having problems with this,
I do belive it is related to the IIS web server but not sure and cant find what it could be.
I am runninf the sample from the documentation and its running nice and dandy on my workstation with XP.
But on the test server It cant find the coldfusion and Yahoo scripts it seems.

sometimes it returns a List and somtimes it blocks the page.

I am totally confused on this.

BosseP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2007 Oct 24, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks Warpuser,
I am not sure how I fixed it but redit all the settings in IIS, did as you told me and created a virual CFIDE and it all works fine now.
Once again thanks for the help.

BosseP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation