• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CF8 / Linux Ubuntu / Clustermanager?

Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2008 Jan 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried installing cf8 multiple times on Ubuntu 7.10. Even tried CF7 and then even tried the Multi-server installation.

Each and everytime I get the 500 Error. the logs all show the same errors...

On start up:
info Fail to lookup ClusterManager instance. (repeated)
info No JDBC data sources have been configured for this server (see jrun-resources.xml)

When I hit the site:
error There is no web application configured to service your request
error No mapping found for /CFIDE/administrator

Why on earth is it even trying to bother with the ClusterManager. I installed the standalone version running on its own server (tried apache as well and failed too)

CF installed just fine on one linux computer running the same version

I am perplexed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2008 Jan 09, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thats a very common problem. Please check the hosts file of your OS. Send me output of cat /etc/hosts
Inside this file proper entries regarding your Ubuntu server is not there. Send me the file i will let u know the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

great. when I get home tonight, I will reinstall cf and post the contents of that file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is the output...

127.0.0.1 localhost
127.0.1.1 jearp-laptop.Merzbow

# The following lines are desirable for IPv6 capable hosts
::1 ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
fe00::0 ip6-localnet
ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
ff02::3 ip6-allhosts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dylan,

In this hosts file of yours you are not having the entry of the physical ip of the machine against its DNS name. For rg. Type ifconfig command and see th IP of machine and after that place this IP entry in this hosts file. After that restart the services of network and restart coldfusion again. If the problem still persist please send me the stack trace that u observe after starting the coldfusion server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Dylan,

Also i forgot please check the hostname of the machine of yours and place that particular hostname against the IP. Also please check that the mapping against local host i think that is done incorrectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just recently installed CF8 multi-server (and single server) instances on Ubuntu 7.10. There were a couple tricky things towards the end of the installation I had to figure out on my own, but I finally got everything working. Adobe has confirmed at least one of the issues, the auto-startup, are bugs and will be fixed with 8.1 coming out soon.

First, you have to follow the install instructions very carefully. For example, you have to start the CF server after the installation is complete "/opt/jrun4/bin/jrun -start cfusion". Then I had to run "/opt/jrun4/bin/cf-connectors.sh" (for the multi-server instance anyway).

BUT, because of the auto-boot problem, if you happen to close your session or reboot the server, CF will not restart by itself. This could be what's happening to you. Always check the status of ColdFusion by running "/opt/jrun4/bin/jrun -status cfusion". If it's down, then obviouslly you'll get the 500 error. Make sure it's up, and report back if you are still getting server 500.

Server 500 will be something non-ColdFusion related like Apache is screwed up or the CF service is not running at all. So that's where you want to look.

Btw, CF does not install index.cfm as one of the default files in Apache, you have to do it manually. But at least you can still run .cfm file as long as CF is up.

I found a work-around for the auto-boot. It involved writing a script and placing it in the /etc/init.d folder then registering it. I can help you with that after you report back that CF is at least running when you see the 500 error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation