Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFAdmin setting not persistent

LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2007 Dec 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all.

I am developing for a client that has decided to go with dedicated server hosting, so I have full access to the server. I have turned off the setting for "Global Script Protection" because it was interfering with the client inserting Flash content via FCKeditor (it kept changing the <embed> tag to <InvalidTag>.)

However, every time the server is rebooted (most of the time because of Microsnot Security Updates) the GSP is enabled, again, and I have to go in and turn it off.

I'm not going to be working on this project forever. I don't mind having to go in and turn off GSP with every reboot; but I need to get this fixed so that when I no longer have access to the server the client won't be stuck with <InvalidTag>, again.

Anyone else have this, or a similar, issue?

^_^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 09, 2007 Dec 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't seen that problem before, but perhaps the XML configuration files are read-only? They're in \coldfusion8\lib if you have the standalone server install.

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 10, 2007 Dec 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Dave.

That's what I thought might be it, too. However, I just checked and none of the files within the /lib directory are set to read only.

I reported this issue to the tech support staff of the hosting service. The initial response was "Hmm.. that's bizarre," and the tech then searched the internet to see if he could find a similar problem somewhere else. The closest he got was someone reporting that they would turn a setting ON, and when the server was reboot it would be off. But that was never resolved.

If there is no solution to this, could there at least be a solution to preventing the GSP from altering the tags?

Thanks,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Dec 11, 2007 Dec 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
I've seen it with "Enable Whitespace" setting on CF 7 - a reboot kept resetting the setting, didn't ever find a solution...

john

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation