• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFDocument - Custom Fonts Not Working (CF 2021)

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In previous CF versions I had TTF fonts registered in "Font Management" for "Barcode Printing" purposes in a cfdocument without issues. The font shows the same name “without spaces” for all 3 options “Font Family”, “Font Face” and “Postscript Name” and I use that name as in-line CSS style to show barcodes on generated PDF’s.

Now in CF 2021, I cannot make them work.

So far, I have tried:

• Multiple installs in "Font Management" with different paths, making sure folders did not have user’s restrictions (permissions), using different fonts; and making sure they show as usable in PDF/FlashPaper column.
  • Install font also in Windows.
  • Restart CF Services.
  • Restart physical server.
  • Convert font to WOFF (Shows in browser using CSS @Font-face / in-line styling) but does not work inside the cfdocument.

Any other suggestion to fix this in cfdocument?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Solved! After more than 4hrs this was my solution on CF 2021 (Windows):

• Delete the “User Defined Font” in Coldfusion Font Management.
  • Lookup the Font in Windows explorer, “Right Click” and make sure to select “Install for All Users”. This action should make a copy of the TTF into the “\Windows\Fonts\” directory. Navigate to that folder and make sure the *.TTF is in there.
  • Restart the CF Application Service and log into the CF Admin.
  • The font should now appear under the “Current System Fonts” in Cold

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved! After more than 4hrs this was my solution on CF 2021 (Windows):

• Delete the “User Defined Font” in Coldfusion Font Management.
  • Lookup the Font in Windows explorer, “Right Click” and make sure to select “Install for All Users”. This action should make a copy of the TTF into the “\Windows\Fonts\” directory. Navigate to that folder and make sure the *.TTF is in there.
  • Restart the CF Application Service and log into the CF Admin.
  • The font should now appear under the “Current System Fonts” in Coldfusion Font Management.
  • If so, you can reference the font using CSS inside the CFDOCUMENT tag and it should show.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@ScubaPR , thanks for sharing the solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation