• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFFILE and Site Root Path

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2006 Apr 14, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to make a input field that will allow me to browse to a file and select the file and 'site root path' and save that to be used as a link.

I would like to store the value as /dirMain/subDir/file.cfm
I am lost ...Any Ideas...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2006 Apr 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Input field to browse to file, select file and webroot path and save that as link? I don't understand what that means. Does anyone, well, except Oldshoe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2006 Apr 15, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the confusion.
I need to be able to show the path of any given file based off the root of the site [the base index.cfm] so instead of getting the full Expandpath(), I need to eliminate the C:websites/HostDirectory/Site/

THANKS

Jon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2006 Apr 16, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To get that relative path value on each page itself, you could just remove C:\websites\HostDirectory\Site\ from the absolute path, thus

<cfset relpath=ReplaceNoCase(ExpandPath( "myPage1.cfm"),"C:\websites\HostDirectory\Site\","")>

However, if you want code for myPage1.cfm that will find the relative path of any given arbitrary file, myPage2.cfm, then you could implement a search. The reason is, such a file may have an arbitrary directory structure, C:\websites\HostDirectory\Site\..\dir1\dir2\..\myPage2.cfm. I also wonder whether one could do it with code that searches using cfdirectory. I'm looking into it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2006 Apr 20, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just type in a value for the basepath (for example, C:\websites\HostDirectory\Site) and for the file (for example, testPage.cfm). Suppose the file's path is

C:\websites\HostDirectory\Site\subsite\myDir\files\new\testPage.cfm

Then the code's result will be:

filepath: C:\websites\HostDirectory\Site\subsite\myDir\files\new\testPage.cfm
filepath above basepath: \subsite\myDir\files\new\testPage.cfm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2006 Apr 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will give it a shot...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2006 Apr 21, 2006

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation