• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFFORM and CFINPUT questions

Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I have not used CF for a long time and I'm coming back to CF 2021. I kind of recall that the older CF generations abandon CFFORM and CFINPUT or if it wasn't abandon I did not use them in my codes because I remember many CF programmers suggested me not to use them as they cause or may cause many issues (couldn't remember what exactly after all these years). With the newer CF version since 2016 does CF fixed or revised CFFORM and CFINPUT tags and they are now safe to use? I prefer to use these tags if they are not causing issues as I build a lot of forms (simple mostly) and required form authentication for required fields and so on. Using CFFORM, CFINPUTs actually help me speed up my work instead of building javascript everytime. Thank you for validating my knowledge as I've been absent from CF for so long.

TOPICS
Advanced techniques , Documentation , Getting started , Monitoring , Security

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if they're abandoned. But they do limit you to whatever implementation of JavaScript libraries etc that CF currently uses for them. So, you might not want to use them at all. The JavaScript you'd use instead isn't usually very complicated. If you do use them, just keep that limitation in mind.

Dave Watts, Eidolon LLC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Dave!, yes you are right they are limited in that case I'll keep using javascript then. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation