Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFGrid not displaying anything

New Here ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the following code:

<cfform action="updateinfodone.cfm?needsupdate=ANILIST&clientid=#clientid#" method="POST">
    <cfgrid name="grid3" query="getanilist" selectmode="EDIT" delete="Yes" deletebutton="Delete Row" width="690" height="400" format="html">
      <cfoutput query="getanilist">
      <cfgridcolumn name="ANIID" display="no">
      <cfgridcolumn name="ANINameID" display="no">
      <cfgridcolumn name="PhoneNo" header="Phone" headeralign="CENTER">
      <cfgridcolumn name="Carrier" header="LEC" headeralign="CENTER">
      <cfgridcolumn name="CSR" header="CSR" headeralign="CENTER">
      <!---
      <cfgridcolumn name="SS" header="SS" headeralign="CENTER">
    --->
      <cfgridcolumn name="CP" header="BTN" headeralign="CENTER">
      <cfgridcolumn name="Hunt" header="Hunt" headeralign="CENTER">
      <cfgridcolumn name="Response" header="IssueNo" headeralign="CENTER">
      <cfgridcolumn name="LineTypeFeat" header="Ln Type/Feat" headeralign="CENTER">
      <cfgridcolumn name="CustomerUse" header="Customer Use - - - - " headeralign="CENTER">
      <cfgridcolumn name="AniDate" header="LD Carrier" headeralign="CENTER">
      <!---
      <cfgridcolumn name="Cost" header="Cost" headeralign="CENTER" numberformat="_____.__">
    --->
    </cfgrid>
  </cfform>
and its not displaying anything. It was working on previous version of coldfusion but upgrading it broke the grid.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not be using cfgrid in a recent ColdFusion version. For some years now, the general advice in the ColdFusion community is to stop using ColdFusion's User Interface tags, of which cfgrid is one.

See, for example,  

https://www.raymondcamden.com/2014/01/23/Im-not-going-to-tell-you-to-stop-using-ColdFusion-UI-tags-a...

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/22635588/what-issues-coldfusion-ui-tags-have

Some of the UI tags, such as cfgrid, are no longer actively developed by Adobe's engineers. Other ColdFusion UI tags have been deprecated. Even if a UI tag works today, there is a chance it wont work tomorrow. It is therefore not a good idea to use cfgrid or any other UI tag in a recent ColdFusion version. 

The solution is to use an alternative for ColdFusion UI tags. See, for example,

https://github.com/cfjedimaster/ColdFusion-UI-the-Right-Way

You could of course cook up your own solution, using JQuery or HTML 5, with CSS Grid Layout or Flex Box, for example. In fact, you could just ask ChatGPT to tell you how to use any of these to generate a grid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thanks for the help. I tried using the github and datatables to recreate what I had, but the problem is I can't figure out how to make it editable. I went down a rabbit hole using data tables "editor" but seems to be a paid subscription thing? Was wondering if you knew any way to make the table editable. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 24, 2024 Apr 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to Adobe, CFGrid was "retired" in CF2018.  Check out DataTablesJS.  It's super easy and customizable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thanks for the help. I tried using datatables to recreate what I had, but the problem is I can't figure out how to make it editable. I went down a rabbit hole using data tables "editor" but seems to be a paid subscription thing? Was wondering if you knew any way to make the table editable. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not used DataTables for editting, sorry.  I'm no help there.

I might suggest you look at DHTMLX Spreadsheet.   I have not used their spreadsheet product, but I have used some of their other products and they are excellent. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Greetings,

I had the same issue with cfgrid and other CF UI.  If you have complete access to CF installation, you can replace some content on you new CF  with content from the old CF (the same diectories) that had no issues with cfgrid. The following worked for me:

Under your application CF instance ..wwwroot\cf_scripts\scripts\ajax

1. Replace content of new ext directory with old ext directory. 

2.  Add yui directory (new CF doesn't have it).

Under your application CF instance ..wwwroot\cf_scripts\scripts\ajax\package

1. Replace new cfgrid.js with old cfgrid.js

Under your application CF instance ..wwwroot\cf_scripts\scripts\ajax\resources

1.  Replace  content of new ext folder with old ext folder

2. Add yui folder 

I hope that works for you.  Important to know that every CF update may cause you to make those changes again.

It is very strange that CF Adobe team didn't fix number of UI issues tha were working nicely in CF11, but completelly unusable in newer CF versions.  Yes, you can use UI from the available third party tools but it makes CF programmers life much harder  if you need to look at other people CF code and also watch for those third party tools updates.

Regards,

Simon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation