• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFHTMLTOPDF / PDF Service Manager

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2015 Aug 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In reviewing the CFHTMLTOPDF tag, it seemed like it would meet our needs.  Everything seemed to test well until things went into production.

Continuous requests caused the following error:

The content of this document process takes more than 60 milliseconds to process.This timeout value is obtained from the request timeout set in the ColdFusion Administrator. The specific sequence of files included or processed is: C:\Applications\cliq\apps\students\print.cfm, line: 26

I was able to easily overload the our test and development servers to cause the same error by repeatedly calling a page with the CFHTMLTOPDF tag.

Our interim solution was to restart to the Coldfusion Addon Services on the Windows 2012 server.  But I don't think this is ideal as it seems like a relatively low threshhold to be able to crash the process.

Does anyone know of any documentation or settings that could be set to avoid this issue?  We are currently on CF 11 Update 4 Enterprise Edition.

All the best,

Terry

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are experiencing this same problem. The CF11 server will allow us to generate a few PDF files, then it generates an error that says:

The content of this document process takes more than 60 milliseconds to process.

There are two weird things happening here. The 60 milliseconds should be 60 seconds, since that is what I have assigned in the CF Administrator. I have also tried assigning additional time to the page with CFSETTING REQUESTTIMEOUT="300" to give the process 5 minutes to run. It will still display an error that says:

The content of this document process takes more than 300 milliseconds to process.

Even if we change the timeout value to 999999999999, the error still comes up.

The only thing I have found to correct this is to restart the Coldfusion Addon Services. I am running CF11 Update 5 Enterprise on a Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise 64-bit server. Any ideas how to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2015 Oct 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK, I spent some more time trying to figure this out and here is what I have so far.

This seems to be a memory issue. When I modified a setting in the web.xml file (<cf_install_root>/<CF Instance>/jetty/webapps/PDFgServlet/WEB-INF/web.xml) the system generates many more PDFs before it needs to be restarted manually. This is still not a solution, but it helped me run larger batches of PDFs. Now I can run about 50 files before needing to manually restart the Coldfusion Addon Service. It sure would be nice if the service restarted automatically. Does anyone know a way to make that happen?

Here is the setting I changed. The default was 250MB and I increased that to 1000MB.

<context-param>

<description> Maximum memory limit for PDFg Service. The PDFg service will be recycled after reaching the memory limit specified. Default memory limit is 250MB </description>

<param-name>maxMemoryUsage</param-name>

<param-value>1000MB</param-value>

</context-param>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation