I have 12 or so coldfusion 11 servers.
On several of them I have individual pages in CFIDE/admin that will not display.
I get: An error occurred while executing the application. Please try again or contact the administrator.
On one of the servers I cannot access any of the links on the left.
On another everything works except the scheduled task.
1. Look in the coldfusion-out.log of each instance to see the real error
2. Are you getting errors ONLY in the admin, or in other pages cf test pages you may run? If the former can you test the latter?
3. If it's only in the admin, have you tried either a different browser or using your browser's incognito or private window feature? The latter would make the request without sending any cookies the first time. Your error may be related to cookies your browser was sending
4. If that's not it, are you accessing the cf admin via cf's built-in web server (using a port such as 8500)? If no port, then it's using your external web server (iis or apache). That could be useful to know for diagnosis.
5. Is there a difference if you ask for a cfm page directly vs using only a folder name (relying on a default document like index.cfm).
6.Have you confirmed that the update log (in the latest folder under cf's hf-updates folder) show only all "successes" and no "errors" (in the table counting those, near the top of the log)?
And finally, if all this may seem too much for you to deal with (especially given so many servers), I will point out that I can help you resolve this today (or any day), remotely (where you'd share your screen and I'd watch as you remote in), securely (over https), with no minimum time required and satisfaction guaranteed (you won't pay for any time you don't value).
I suspect we'd not even need an hour to solve the problem in all your servers. For more, see carehart.org/consulting. But as you (or anyone bothered by a seeming "sales pitch") can see, I've also offered plenty to help get you further toward a solution if you prefer to wait for back and forth discussion here with myself or others.
Great answer, I will check those things a little later.
And I appreciate the offer to help and will gladly take you up on it if I cannot resolve it myself.
Can you say what pages do not work? Maybe we can recognize a pattern?
Well on one of them it is the scheduled task page, on another it was all of the pages but after an unrelated full server reboot it works great now.
I am new to these servers and just starting to get them documented and managed, I am the first full time Sysadmin at this company previously they were all managed by a pair of self taught programmers, they have created amazing code but managing servers is not their strength.
Over the next couple of days I will have more info, I am working through your list of suggestions between putting out fires.