Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfide/administrator

Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I logged in to CF admin with my username and was able to create the DSN using admin account and password.  However, I need to login as admin to grant access for other user and can't use that same admin account.  What should I do? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What you have said is unclear (to me, at least):

• For instance, when you say "create the DSN using admin account", are you referring to the datasource username/password? If so, which "admin" account do you mean? One for the DB? one for the OS? One for CF?)
  • And when you say "I need to login as admin", do you mean that the datasource you define needs admin rights on the DB, so you can "grant access"? when you say "for the other user", which "other user" do you mean?
  • And when you say you "can't use that same admin account", which admin account are you referring to now? the one you used to create the DSN? what do you mean you "can't use" it? where? why? 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation