• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFIMAGE captcha issue - Cannot find /CFFileServlet, possibly because server and webroot are on different drives

LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2015 Apr 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CFIMAGE captcha was working on my DEV system, where the wwwroot is in the same folder as CFServer is installed.

It is NOT working when I move it to staging, which is identical to production - including the fact that CFServer is on D: drive, but wwwroot is on E: drive.

Is there a way to map a location for the CFFileServlet folder?  I think this is the reason it isn't working in staging.

V/r,

^_^

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May want to check your web server to be sure it's not Denying access to that folder based URL Request filtering.  Part of the ColdFusion lockdown guide recommends to Deny access to this folder unless you use CFImage, CFChart, CFPresentation, or CFReport.

Page 30 here:

http://www.adobe.com/content/dam/Adobe/en/products/coldfusion/pdfs/cf11/cf11-lockdown-guide.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sdsinc_pmascari wrote:

Part of the ColdFusion lockdown guide recommends to Deny access to this folder unless you use CFImage, CFChart, CFPresentation, or CFReport.

It recommends Deny access _UNLESS_ I use CFImage, etc.?  But, I _am_ using CFIMAGE (action="captcha".)  Shouldn't that Allow access?

V/r,

^_^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes...you should allow the access.  Just saying if you're getting a "Can't find CFFileServlet" error that you'll want to check to be sure this did NOT get implemented on the web server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation