Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cflog & fix server log level

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2008 Nov 28, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I can't find information about how to set the log level on cold fusion server config.
cflog tag enable a type of log, and I don't want to see debug information on live servers.

Bonus question: do we have a way to put code execution for debug only, such as "<cfif_debug_mode><cfoutput>#my super debuginfo#</cfoutput></cfif_debug_mode>"

Thanks,
Yoann.
TOPICS
Getting started

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2008 Nov 30, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you want to go into the administrator screen and pick
Debugging & Logging then Debug Output Settings and uncheck a lot of things

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 02, 2008 Dec 02, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yoann - there is indeed a function for determining if debug is on: IsDebugMode()

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 15, 2008 Dec 15, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I've found the link between the admin option "Enable Request Debugging Output" and the "IsDebugMode()", very usefull.
But still nothing related to "type of log" and a configuration parameter to set the severity level of log.

Type of log are defined as:
* Information
* Warning
* Error
* Fatal

I would like to set on prod server a log level to "Error" only...

It seems that an alternative way would be to use "cftrace" for debug info, that can be disable by admin parameter. (but as far as the application already exist, it means re-writing some APIs)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Dec 16, 2008 Dec 16, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not used it myself, but you might look at neo-logging.xml and/or jrun.xml. There are few properties that look promising (priority, warningEnabled, infoEnabled, ...).
http://jochem.vandieten.net/2008/09/07/tuning-your-coldfusion-logging/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 17, 2008 Dec 17, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Tank you!

In the file neo-logging.xml, the tag:
<var name='priority'><string>Warning</string></var>
Define the log level, can be set to one of the type of log value (Information, Warning, Error, Fatal) and so filter the log level (type) of the command cflog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation