Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CFOAuth type="facebook" returns error

New Here ,
Nov 04, 2017 Nov 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I created a file called cfoauth_facebook.cfm with the following code.

The Facebook developer app with clientid, secret key etc has been setup correctly. But when the following code is executed, i only get a error in the response variable called res.

<cflogin>

<cfoauth

type = "Facebook"

clientid = "MyClientId"

secretkey = "MySecretKey"

result = "res"

scope="email"

redirecturi = "https://testsite.localtest.me/cf16/cfoauth/cfoauth_facebook.cfm">

<cfdump var="#res#">

<cftry>

<cfloginuser name="#res.other.username#" password="#res.access_token#" roles="user">

<cfcatch type="any">

</cfcatch>

</cftry>

</cflogin>

<cfabort>

------------------------------- The response is-----------------

struct

access_token n":"EAALbDZBHSZBNUBAIVhtNLCydBu1A3pYIoTpkofVKQHXTrZCM2E2gYLOpOknRM74ZAw5YZCmZBtyNHkZCXnfqV4XWga2zzWvwMKjET9ZAUKt7hXO0PmX0AM8Hz012oKV4aIXf2ZAfqVA2gYWMg3HeDRkImXJLEilF8v48Gr8cq6wGHJZB7I7WuK9RIO","token_type":"bearer",

gender undefined

id undefined

locale undefined

name undefined

other

struct

error

struct

code 190

fbtrace_id AdyVnuYjDD2

message Invalid OAuth access token.

type OAuthException

state undefined

There is absolutely no valid reference for the CFOAuth implementation in ColdFusion 2016. Can you please share some sample?. I hope it is not a new bug in CF2016 due to Facebook changing its API version etc.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2017 Nov 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried logging in to forums.adobe.com using my facebook login and got errors. They need to fix this. I upgrade to CF 2016 for this functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW.  I am getting the exact same info in my struct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone look at these posts or reply to them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  I suppose this is not a common feature so no one immediately had anything to suggest.  In the past I had stripped OAuth functionality out of this library and it has served me well: monkehTweets/com/coldfumonkeh at master · coldfumonkeh/monkehTweets · GitHub

Using a widget for this sort of scares me TBH as 3rd party implementations change all of the time.  Having some modicum of control and not relying on a black box for security would be my preference.

-Nic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this? I am getting the same error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2018 Jan 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I could not get it to work. Must try with the most recent version of CF Aether pre release version that I have downloaded recently and see how it performs. I have been able to do a ASP.net core2.0 site with social media logins & own db security login etc in possibly less than a couple of days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation