• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

cfqueryparam truncates values even when scale is specified

New Here ,
May 02, 2012 May 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm connecting ColdFusion 9.0.1 with MySQL 5.5 using the MySQL 5.1 ODBC connector. I have a table with a field defined as DECIMAL(11,2) intended to store currency amounts.

When I use <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_decimal" scale="2" value="#nValue#"> to insert a value in that field, the value stored in the parameter (when I show debug output on the parameters after the query is run) is correct and not truncated, but the value stored in MySQL is truncated (not rounded).

I know this is probably a driver issue, but I'm hoping that this forum will be able to help me troubleshoot the problem.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
May 02, 2012 May 02, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rarely use ODBC anymore. But it works as expected with a jdbc connection. This inserts "11.57":

<cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_decimal" scale="2" value="11.565">

Aside from switching to jdbc

1) Can you dump the generated sql? What is the value of #nValue# and the actual value inserted into the table?

2) It should not make a difference, but any change if you temporarily use hard coded values? ie INSERT INTO ... VALUES (11.56) OR use cf_sql_numeric?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2012 May 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to take so long responding to this. I have been trying to find other ways to handle this and generate the necessary reports.

Switching to JDBC isn't an option. When using JDBC in the past, several of the queries that we would use for regular maintenance would fail to run entirely.

For example, ColdFusion was running the following query:

<cfquery datasource="telcomm" name="insert_leftover_adj">
INSERT INTO `bill_warehouse`
SET
  `keyBill` = <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_integer" value="#Bill.keyBill#">,
  `keyBillItem` = <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_integer" value="#qryPoolItem.keyBillItem#">,
  `keyProgram` = #keyProgramTech#,
  `nAmount` = <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_decimal" scale="2" value="#qryLeftover.nPool#">,
  `sDescription` = 'Adjustment ...'
</cfquery>

The following was the generated SQL:

SET
  `keyBill` = ?,
  `keyBillItem` = ?,
  `keyProgram` = 12742,
  `nAmount` = ?,
  `sDescription` = ?

I checked the parameters passed to the query object to make sure that they were not being truncated and the parameters were correct. When I run the query as follows, it works.

SET
  `keyBillItem` = <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_integer" value="#qryPoolItem.keyBillItem#">,
  `nAmount` =  "#NumberFormat(qryLeftover.nPool, "9.99")#",
  `sDescription` = 'Adjustment ...'
</cfquery>

I was having the same truncation problems regardless of the value of the cfsqltype parameter, so long as it was being passed into a DECIMAL field. Once I switched the field to DOUBLE and started using cf_sql_double, it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2012 May 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oregon Will wrote:

I'm connecting ColdFusion 9.0.1 with MySQL 5.5 using the MySQL 5.1 ODBC connector. I have a table with a field defined as DECIMAL(11,2) intended to store currency amounts.

When I use <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_decimal" scale="2" value="#nValue#"> to insert a value in that field, the value stored in the parameter (when I show debug output on the parameters after the query is run) is correct and not truncated, but the value stored in MySQL is truncated (not rounded).

What is the value? How is it truncated?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BKBK wrote:

What is the value? How is it truncated?

This was occurring on several different queries for all the fields that were of type DECIMAL. I would try inserting a value of 3.67, but 3.00 would show up in the database. I would try inserting a value of 5.24, but 5.00 would show up in the database. 1.44 would go in as 1.00. 8300.68 would go in as 8300.00. 2301.75 would go in as 2301.00.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue arises perhaps from incorrect syntax. Try this:

INSERT INTO bill_warehouse(keyBill,keyBillItem,keyProgram,nAmount,sDescription)

VALUES(<cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_integer" value="#Bill.keyBill#">,

<cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_integer" value="#qryPoolItem.keyBillItem#">,

#keyProgramTech#,

<cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_decimal" scale="2" value="#qryLeftover.nPool#">,

'Adjustment ...'

</cfquery>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2012 May 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The INSERT INTO...SET syntax may not be standard, but it is valid syntax for MySQL. I use the INSERT INTO...SET syntax because it is much easier to read, much easier to make sure that the field-value assignments are correct. Notice that the query works fine when the parameter is passed in with cfsqltype="cf_sql_double" and when the value is hard-coded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oregon Will wrote:

The INSERT INTO...SET syntax may not be standard, but it is valid syntax for MySQL. I use the INSERT INTO...SET syntax because it is much easier to read, much easier to make sure that the field-value assignments are correct. Notice that the query works fine when the parameter is passed in with cfsqltype="cf_sql_double" and when the value is hard-coded.

Sorry. No need to explain. I should have said non-standard instead of incorrect. The question remains: does the version with standard SQL work? If so, then we will only have to look into why the MySQL syntax leads to truncation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Believe me when I say this is frustrating... I've tried to reproduce the problem and it seems to have disappeared without me updating any of the software; probably fixed by restarting the computer.

I ran the following CFM script:

<cfset Bill.keyBill = 1>
<cfset qryPoolItem.keyBillItem = 10>
<cfset keyProgramTech = 12742>
<cfset qryLeftover.nPool = "123.45">
<cfquery datasource="telcomm" name="create_temp">
CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS `bill_warehouse_temp` (
      `keyTemp` INT(11) AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY,
      `keyBill` INT(11),
      `keyBillItem` INT(11),
      `keyProgram` INT(11),
      `nAmount` DECIMAL(11,2),
      `sDescription` TINYTEXT
) ENGINE=InnoDB
</cfquery>
INSERT INTO `bill_warehouse_temp`
SET
  `nAmount` = <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_decimal" scale="2" value="#qryLeftover.nPool#">,
  `sDescription` = 'Adjustment INSERT INTO...SET'
</cfquery>
INSERT INTO `bill_warehouse_temp` (`keyBill`, `keyBillItem`, `keyProgram`, `nAmount`, `sDescription`)
VALUES (
      <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_integer" value="#Bill.keyBill#">,
      <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_integer" value="#qryPoolItem.keyBillItem#">,
      #keyProgramTech#,
      <cfqueryparam cfsqltype="cf_sql_decimal" scale="2" value="#qryLeftover.nPool#">,
      'Adjustment INSERT INTO...VALUES'
)
</cfquery>
<cfquery datasource="telcomm" name="qryResults">
SELECT *
FROM `bill_warehouse_temp`
</cfquery>
<cfdump var="#qryResults#">
<cfquery datasource="telcomm" name="drop_temp">
DROP TABLE `bill_warehouse_temp`
</cfquery>

and got the following output:

query
RESULTSET
query
KEYBILLKEYBILLITEMKEYPROGRAMKEYTEMPNAMOUNTSDESCRIPTION
11 10 12742 1 123.45 Adjustment INSERT INTO...SET
21 10 12742 2 123.45 Adjustment INSERT INTO...VALUES
CACHEDfalse
EXECUTIONTIME0
SQLSELECT * FROM `bill_warehouse_temp`

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation