• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Chart package failure on CF 2021

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am rebuilding and upgrading from CF10 to CF2021. I'm encountering some problems with the Chart Package. I was finding messages indicating that the Chart Package was not installed. I tried installing it but it responded with a message indicating that the package was already installed. I check the Package Manager and everthing looks fine.

Next I try removing and reinstalling the Chart Package. Removal works fine but then refuses to reinstall the package and suggests checking the lots for additional information. I go through the logs but don't find anything that indicates the source of the problem.

Test Package Manager and works perfectly, removing and adding other packages. Try rebooting. Try installing an  older version of the Chart Package. Maybe the Chart Package file is mangled.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we start with something that may be pertinent: when you installed Cf2021, did you use the full installer or the zip approach? If the latter, was it intentional or just because you didn't know otherwise?

I'm not saying the answer affects whether you should expect the charting to work, but with the full installer there's virtually no need to worry about the packages/modules. If you may get to a point of no resolution, you may want to try the full installer if you had not. 

And either way, what update of CF2021 are you on? And what OS? 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try installing an  older version of the Chart Package. Maybe the Chart Package file is mangled.

By @sethw56143382

Hmmm, the horses are already on the tracks. Installing an older version of a modular software package when you're having problems with the current version - that is a well-known cause of tension in software development.

Instead, I would attempt to solve the problem as follows:

1. Remove the Chart package (I am assuming you can still do this without any problems).
  2. Skip this step if your version is ColdFusion 2021 Update 1. Otherwise, downgrade ColdFusion 2021 from Update 2 to Update 1, using the updater in the ColdFusion Administrator.
  3. Restart ColdFusion 2021.
  4. Upgrade ColdFusion 2021 to Update 2, using the updater in the ColdFusion Administrator.
  5. Use the ColdFusion Package Manager tool, first to uninstall, then to install, then to update every package. The respective cfpm commands are:
        uninstall all
        install all
        update all
  6. Verify whether the Chart package works.
  7. If necessary, remove any packages you don't need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 10, 2021 Nov 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BKBK, can you share why bother with the cf admin for some tasks here, and cfpm for others? Each can do all you propose.

And before you wrote that, had you considered what I wrote? Any thoughts? Or might it be helpful to see Seth's response before setting him to all those steps? 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation