• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cold Fusion 9 Oracle Upgrade Problem

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! We have a few applications running on Cold Fusion 9 and running off of an Oracle 11g database. I'll be honest and say that I don't have much experience on the administration side of things as a database developer and don't use CF much, but the responsibility to support this has been thrown on my shoulders.

Our DBA is upgrading our Oracle server to Oracle 12 C. She has already created the new Oracle 12c instance and has migrated our old database to the new database. I can telnet into the new 12c database from both my PC as well as the application server that has CF9 on it, so I know its up and running and there are no firewall issues. I can connect to the new server in SQL Developer just fine and have already tested read/write privileges.

Everything on the database side has been mirrored from the old 11g server. When moving the CF applications to the new server, all I am doing is pointing the application to the new sever using CF administrator as the upgraded database server is mirroring the old server. I am using the SID and Server name provided to me from our DBA based on the new server's information, but when I submit this, I get an error message:

Connection verification failed for data source: abc

java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [Macromedia][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-12505 Connection refused, the specified SID (xxxxxxx) was not recognized by the Oracle server.

The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLNonTransientConnectionException: [Macromedia][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-12505 Connection refused, the specified SID (xxxxxxxx) was not recognized by the Oracle server

If I change the SID to any other SID other than the one provided by our DBA, I get a completely different error:

Connection verification failed for data source: abc

java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-28040: No matching authentication protocol

The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: [Macromedia][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-28040: No matching authentication protocol

Has anyone encountered this, and if so, any recommendations as to what I can do to fix this? I experience this issue for all CF9 data sources/applications on this server.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 03, 2017 Jan 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Coldfusion 9 does not support 12C. I believe 11g is the highest Oracle version CF 9 supports.

CF 11 has only within the last year started supporting 12C

There are a couple of workarounds I have seen over the years but ultimately if you want to upgrade to newer version of DB or webservers etc then you will need to update Coldfusion along with it.

I think this is the only thing that may get you close: Re: No matching authentication protocol Oracle 12c

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Posting a two word reply to gain points isn't a very good way to introduce yourself.  I suspect online education​ is an attempted spam account.  But that may be just me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation