• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 11 cfheader or cfcontent 'failed to load PDF document'

Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a website that worked fine with Coldfusion 10 and now I have updated to Coldfusion 11 and this code doesn't work:

<cfheader name="content-disposition" value="inline; filename=#vPublicFile#" />

<cfcontent type="application/pdf" file="#DownloadFolder##qryDownload.fileNameOnserver#" deleteFile="no" />

If I type in the URL directly to the PDF file it loads fine, but if I try to get it through this code then I get the message "failed to load PDF document".  Even if I change the code to allow me to save the file, I get a saved file but it won't open in acrobat.

I know the code is working code, I tried it with Coldfusion 10 again just to make sure.  Something about 11 is stopping it from working.  Any ideas?

TOPICS
Reporting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2014 Nov 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried different versions of the browser? I am finding a similar issue with ColdFusion 11 running in  IE8..It works fine in FireFox and in IE10...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 18, 2014 Nov 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are also facing problems after updating to CF10 Update 14 with this issue. We do notice that the behavior is different based on the browser used on the client side. Photo uploads no longer work in Mango Blog 1.7 when using IE, but do work when using Google Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2014 Nov 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And provide any details so that they can "VERIFY" it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2015 Jul 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this still a thing?  I'm experiencing this on CF11 presently.

I can't make

<cfcontent file ="#literalFilePath#" type ="image/jpeg" />

work through a redirect, though it works fine when loaded without it.

I'm working with images on this task.  Will upgrading to the latest isapi_redirect.dll do the trick?

Thanks for your feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2015 Dec 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone still experiencing this issue or have a good fix for it?

Currently on Coldfusion 11 Update 7 and IIS 8 and experiencing the exact behavior as noted above. Having to implement a workaround for this would cost us quite a bit of development time.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry didn't seem to get notified of this message and just saw it.  I am using Coldfusion 11 Update 7 and I still see the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2016 Mar 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still having this issue on ColdFusion 11 update 7 with latest connector installed when using iis rewrites with query string parameters.  Anyone else still having the problem?  Know of a quick fix other than writing a workaround?  IIS connector settings?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 18, 2016 Nov 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I recently ran into this same issue on ColdFusion 2016 (update 3) on Windows 10 and also on Windows Server 2012.

I can confirm based on what previous posters have said that when IIS rewrite is enabled the wrong HTTP response headers are sent to the browser.  Additionally, the wrong content length is also sent.  I believe that this is a connector issue and not IIS.

Here is an example of the proper response header when accessing a file (e.g. /test/file.cfm?filesID=1)

Cache-Control:no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate, max-age=0

Content-Disposition:attachment; filename="Wag_Cameras_Administration_Documentation_10.pdf"

Content-Length:207349

Content-Type:application/unknown;charset=UTF-8

Date:Fri, 18 Nov 2016 01:16:02 GMT

Expires:Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

Pragma:no-cache

Server:Microsoft-IIS/10.0

X-Powered-By:ASP.NET

Here's an example of the invalid response header when accessing a file via IIS rewrite (e.g. /test/file/1/)

Cache-Control:no-cache, no-store, must-revalidate, max-age=0

Connection:close

Content-Disposition:attachment; filename="Wag_Cameras_Administration_Documentation_10.pdf"

Content-Length:1284

Content-Type:application/unknown;charset=UTF-8

Date:Fri, 18 Nov 2016 01:16:39 GMT

Expires:Thu, 01 Jan 1970 00:00:00 GMT

Pragma:no-cache

Server:Microsoft-IIS/10.0

X-Powered-By:ASP.NET

There are two things wrong with the response header. The first is that "Connection: close" has been added as well as an incorrect content-length which is why the file you wind up downloading is a corrupted (incomplete) version of the PDF you wanted.

I created a bug in the adobe bugbase here: Bug#4197947 - <cfcontent> fails to serve PDF files when using IIS rewrite

Please vote for it.  Unfortunately since this issue is difficult to replicate if anyone can add their own replication code to the bug I'm sure it would be a big help to the dev team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation