• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 11 - PDF Server - Linux SLES 12

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've buy CF11 ancd want to use the PDF server, but i dosn't work.

The "Verify all Service Manager" in the PDF Service page say:

"Connection verification failed for PDF Service Manager: localhost Check logs for more details."

I the log i found only this line (/opt/coldfusion/cfusion/logs/server.log)

"Error","ajp-bio-8014-exec-4","11/18/15","14:16:03",,"Connect to 127.0.0.1:8987 [/127.0.0.1] failed: Connection refused http://127.0.0.1:8987/PDFgServlet/verify"

After some google serch i found that page: https://helpx.adobe.com/coldfusion/pdf-generation-in-coldfusion.html

But .... i've a SLES 12 (Suse Linux Enterprise Server) and i don't find on YAST all the libraries that this Adobe document mention.

What i've to do? Whare i can find that libraries?

Adobe tell me that CF 11 work on SLES 12 and i want it all work.

In need the right library for my operating system and the correct instruction for made PDF server oin CF11 work on SLES 12

By

Cristian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2015 Nov 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cristian, since the error “connection refused”, have you first confirmed if that port (8987) is being listed upon? Such as if you ping it (using that 127.0.0.1 address, from the server where CF is running)? If it is not, then the question is why.

And for that, you need to look elsewhere than CF’s own logs. Instead, note that the way the PDFG service runs is as a separate one. In Windows, it’s called the “ColdFusion 11 Add-on Service”. Can you look at your list of services/daemons on your linux OS to see if it’s running, like “ColdFusion 11 Application Server”? Again, if it is not, then THAT is the question to answer.

For instance, is it being started but it fails? Or is it perhaps never being started? You are asked during CF installation whether it should be enabled. Did you install CF? Do you recall confirming that it should be enabled?

When the PDFG/add-on service is started and running, it IS in fact run from a folder within CF: \cfusion\jetty. You may want to dig in there for more, especially the logs folder under that. This may give insight into the problem. If those logs don’t again keep digging through those jetty folders, perhaps doing a grep to find any recently updated files, to get information.

You can also run the jetty process yourself (from the command line) in that jetty folder. Again, does it start? If not, you may see messages at the command prompt to explain why it could not start.

Let us know if any of this helps.

/charlie

rom: ImageLinesrl

Sent: Wednesday, November 18, 2015 7:44 AM

To: Charlie Arehart

Subject: ColdFusion 11 - PDF Server - Linux SLES 12

ColdFusion 11 - PDF Server - Linux SLES 12

created by ImageLinesrl <https://forums.adobe.com/people/ImageLinesrl> in ColdFusion Server Administration - View the full discussion <https://forums.adobe.com/message/8189177#8189177>

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 26, 2015 Nov 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've found the solution

:

I've installed CF11 on a SLES12

And for the PDF Server to work, i need some other things:

zlib-devel

nss-tools

libsoftokn

And in the end, verify the Host Name in Jetty configuration file and in the CF Admin; in the first install i've the IP of the host in the Jetty conf file anche 127.0.0.1 in the CF admin .. it doesn't work, the must be the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation