• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 11 Standard

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2016 Feb 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to purchase a Coldfusion 11 license shortly and looking to know if Coldfusion 11 Standard edition will be OK for what we are running:

We have 3 websites running on a single server with spec:

Windows 2008 Server R2 Enterprise 64-bit

Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1230 V2 @3.20Ghz

32 GB Ram

2TB HDD

We are currently running Coldfusion 11 Trial (Enterprise) which expires soon.

Our 3 sites mostly use:

MySQL 5 Datasources

cflogin, cfloginuser, GetAuthUser, GetUserRoles, IsUserInAnyRole, IsUserLoggedIn etc. security functions

cffileupload function

Custom Tags

cfmail - need to be able to Log all E-mail messages sent by ColdFusion

Daily running of scheduled tasks

Excel Spreadsheet creation with cfcontent

we also need to be able to change settings in coldfusion administrator mainly:

(1) Default ScriptSrc Directory, Maximum size of post data (for large file uploads of 1gb)  & Request Throttle Memory.

will 'Request Size Limits' ('Settings' section) be greyed out in Standard edition as well as 'Request Limits' ('Request Tuning' section)? or is it just the Request Tuning section?

(2) Memory Variables - need to be able to amend all options in this section.

(3) Mappings - need to be able to add mappings

(4) Java and JVM - need to be able to add Coldfusion class paths

Also, will the Web Server Configuration tool still work?

We don't need features such as ORM text search, Web sockets or Solr.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This page will give you a better idea of what you can and cant do:

Buying guide | Adobe ColdFusion 11 Enterprise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks,

just need clarification though on the following which are unavailable in Standard Edition.

(1) Request limit management - what can i change/not change in coldfusion administrator? can i change Maximum size of post data for example?

(2) High-scalability email engine - how does this affect cfmail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the maximum size of post data in Standard Edition.  Most of the throttles placed on Standard Edition relate to limiting processes to single-threads. So, for example, email will be single-threaded. This may not be an issue unless you send out mass-mailings - but even then, there are workarounds using 3rd party mail services with APIs.

I don't have CF11, but here is a screenshot from my CF10 Standard Edition server with regard to the Request Tuning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Carl,

Hopefully not too far off topic.

With regard to CF10 Standard Request Tuning screen shot. Does CF10\cfusion\lib\neo-runtime.xml have these details?

var name="requestLimit"><number>150.0

Regards, Carl M.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The setting is in there (it's <var name='requestLimit'><number>25.0</number></var>), although there appears to be a discrepancy between what I see in CF Administrator and in the XML file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting observation for CF10 Standard Request Tuning. Please note I recently observed similar with CF11 Standard and discussed details here:

CF11 Standard CFadmin display values for Request Tuning

Back more on topic. I expect CF11 Standard will support workload so long as each IIS site is compatible with CF mappings values. You may need to do some CF tomcat tuning to maintain performance. Perhaps CFmail will be a bottle neck.

Regards, Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we wouldn't be sending any more than 1k emails per day. i assume that would be OK in standard edition?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Feb 03, 2016 Feb 03, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That shouldn't be a problem, especially if they are spread out throughout the day.  It's more an issue if your are sending thousands or tens of thousands at one time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation