• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ColdFusion 2016 Install, wont accept a password

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in a little bit of a unique situation with this. 
This is a rebuild before I install CommonSpot, and put this server into production

I've installed ColdFusion 2016 on the F:\drive of my server and the install it self went as I would've expected. However when the migration wizard comes up it will not accept the password that I had entered during the installation process. 

I've used the passwordreset.bat file, it didn't work. I've directly edited password.properties, that didn't work either. 
Here's the issue, this is a hardened server with no access to either localhost or local loopback or any browser access.  So it has to be done externally. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you're accessing the admin via a web server from off the server, right? What browser is it? Might it be a jump server, which is running only IE? If so, did you add the IP address or domain name of the CF admin to the IE "trusted sites" feature? Don't forget to refresh the Admin page after that.

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a hardened server, neither localhost, 127.0.0.1 or any browsers will work on the server. The CF admin must be accessed from outside, namely my laptop at my desk. I was able to get some functionality by disabling all security, but that's not going to fly on a production system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2019 Oct 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, I fixed this and i feel quite stupid about it.... developer vs. enterprise.

Didn't have the serial numbers handy so installed the developer version out of habit....  Found the serial number entered it and all the password issues cleared up.... DOH!!! 

Moral of the story, slow down, pay attention and have the serial numbers handy.. 

Thanks for your help 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation