• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Coldfusion 2016 upgrade - line separator changed from Chr(10) to Chr(36) in jvm settings

Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a colfusion upgrade from CF2016-11 to CF2016-17 and after that I noticed that the line separator  in JVM settings has changed from Chr(10) to Chr(36).  I believe this is causing issues when I try to view a file and it has the \r\n at the end of each line wth no line breaks. Also few of our menu options is showing this in the screeen too ($\r\n)

How do we change the Line Separator in settings from Chr(36) to Chr(10)  like it was before - We are running CF in Linux RHEL env. Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks 

Sajan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never heard of this. Are you referring to a JVM arg appearing in the Java args field on the Cf admin page with those settings? What jvm arg would that be?

I'm not aware of cf setting such, but perhaps there are some cases where it does. If it's literally different than a previous update, did you try changing it back? 

Or if it's NOT a setting you see, then can you tell us how you are noticing this change? 

/Charlie (troubleshooter, carehart.org)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did a colfusion upgrade from CF2016-11 to CF2016-17 and after that I noticed that the line separator  in JVM settings has changed from Chr(10) to Chr(36). 

By @SajanM

Say what?

Please report a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation